Chapter 189

But at that time, she was deeply in love with Anthony, to the point of losing her dignity and grace. She pushed away all the women around him, often acting like an uncivilized woman, getting into fights with other girls, even using vulgar language like “bitch” and “go to hell.”

It’s unclear how Anthony fell in love with her. Maybe it was because he saw how crazy she was about him. When she was tangled up with other women, he suddenly grabbed her and held her tightly, with red eyes, promising her that he would never let these women upset her again and that he would love her deeply.

And he did. He loved her to the extreme, treating her well. He even washed her underwear and lingerie. During her period, he wouldn’t let her touch even a drop of cold water. Sometimes when she craved American food, he would search all over UK for it. If he couldn’t find it, he would fly back to the US and buy it, even learning how to make it for her.

In the winter, knowing she was cold, he would hold her in his arms, letting her rest on his shoulder all night long, maintaining the same position without moving, even if his arm went completely numb, he wouldn’t let go.

During the years they were together, Anthony spoiled her to the core. He would say “I love you” every day, hug her, kiss her. Even making love with her was done with caution, fearing that she might feel pain. If any man glanced at her, he would get jealous, afraid that she would be taken away by someone else. He protected and cherished her, not allowing anyone to bully her.

But it was this Anthony who loved her so much that, two years after graduation, suddenly broke up with her, saying he was tired of it and didn’t want to be with her anymore.

Edith had been pampered and spoiled by him, and she couldn’t bear to be apart from him. She desperately refused to let go, even resorting to suicide to force him.

When he saw her cutting her wrists in the bathtub, he held her and cried. Why, after not much time had passed, did he still have to break up with her so heartlessly?

At that time, Edith couldn’t understand. She kept looking for him, pressuring him, asking if he still loved her.

Anthony said he didn’t love her anymore, but Edith didn’t believe it. She cut her wrists again, but this time he didn’t cry, he didn’t save her, he just left with his things.

He moved out of the house they had lived together in and went to a remote place. Edith searched for a long time to find him, only to see him with another woman…

Yes, even so, Edith never gave up. Like a fool, she sat in the living room, waiting for them to finish, and then helped clean the room.

At that time, as she picked up the messy clothes on the bed, she comforted herself, thinking that everything would be fine once the room was cleaned.

Her Anthony, when he got tired of other women, would remember her goodness and come back to her…

And she kept going through this again and again…

The last time, Anthony shouted at her, telling her not to be so lowly anymore.

She was holding another woman’s clothes, slowly squatting down by the bed.

She remembered that she didn’t cry at that moment, she just asked him, “Do you really not love me anymore?”

When she got the answer, she finally woke up, realizing that once someone’s heart changes, they can’t truly come back…

After that, she locked herself up, trying to convince herself to let go while hoping he would come and see her.

Eventually, in such days, she gradually developed depression.