Chapter 162

"You're just too arrogant!"

Friedman snorted and banged the table, signaling the dealer to prepare the cards.

The dealer shuffled the cards and placed them on the green felt.

Friedman lifted his hand in a white glove and dealt two cards in a row to each player at the gambling table.

As the dealer, Friedman dealt two cards to himself - one face down and one face up. The other four players' cards faced up.

Amelia carefully studied the rule book and now had a general understanding of how to play Blackjack.

The game rules were actually quite simple. Ace could be counted as either 1 or 11 points, while J, Q, and K were worth 10 points. The remaining cards, 2-10, were worth their face value.

Each player would initially receive two cards. If the player's hand was not close to 21 points, they could continue to ask the dealer for more cards. When the player's total points reached 21 or were close to 21, they could stop asking for more cards.

If the players stopped asking for more cards and their total points exceeded the dealer's, they would win. Conversely, if the dealer's total points exceeded the player's, the player would lose. Additionally, if either the player or the dealer's total points exceeded 21, they would lose.

After figuring it out, Amelia glanced at the two cards placed in front of James.

There was one Ace and one Jack. As long as he go a Queen, King, Ace, or 10, he would get 21 points.

At worst, if he got a 9, he could still get close to 21 points. As long as the dealer's points were not higher than his, James would win.

Amelia glanced at James sideways, wondering how his luck could be so good right from the start.

Did her pray to bring him the good luck? Amelia thought she was really his good wife.

Noticing the intense gaze beside him, James turned his head and deliberately brushed Amelia's cheek with his thin lips, saying, "Honey, tell me the rules."

Amelia couldn't believe that a person who didn't even the rules dared to place a bet of 400 million, but it was good news for her.

Amelia immediately closed the rule book and hid it in the crevice of the sofa behind her. She then began to talk nonsense with a serious expression.

James nodded along as he listened, without any doubt as if he had complete trust in his wife, which made Amelia feel a little guilty.

She held onto his arm and lowered her head, hesitating whether she should sleep with him or make him lose 400 million dollars. James raised his hand and tapped the table.

"Deal the card."

While the other three players who didn't receive good cards. were still guessing what the dealer's hidden card might be, James asked for another card.

"You are really arrogant."

Friedman sneered at James, but he continued to deal a card and place it on the table in front of James.

Amelia stretched his neck to take a glance. The third card was a 2.

James received an Ace, a Jack, and a 2.

If James considered the first card A as 1 point, then he only points. It was not close enough to 21, so he needed to continue asking for more cards.

However, Amelia had just told James that the A was only worth 10 points, but she didn't tell him that the A could also be considered 1 point.