Chapter 55

When Stella opened her eyes, she was already sent to the hospital.

She moved the corner of her injured mouth and murmured with difficulty, "Water..."

A slender and broad hand held the back of her head and brought a glass of water to her mouth.

Stella lowered her head and took a few sips to ease the thirst in her mouth before raising her head to look at the person who handed her the water.

The moment her eyes met that pair of dark and deep eyes, Lan's face instantly turned pale, and even her pupils were stained with a hint of terror.

"Why are you so afraid of me?"

After Erin put down the cup, he sat next to the bed, leaned back on the chair, crossed his legs, and looked at her playfully.

Stella's bright eyes gradually returned to indifference from fear. "Why are you here?"

Erin's lips curled into a smile. "To visit my Stella..."

His tone was doting and ambiguous, but his eyes were full of sarcasm. "I came here to visit my Stella and to see how well she has been since she left the Simpson family..."

He raised his finger and touched Stella's injured skin. "Look, your life is so well that you're injured..."

Stella had long since gotten used to his mockery. She was extremely calm, but she felt disgusted by his touch.

She quickly turned her head away to avoid his touch and said. coldly, "You've seen it. Hurry up and leave. I'm going to rest."

She didn't know if these words had angered Erin, or if her avoidance had provoked him. Erin's eyes suddenly darkened.

He grabbed Stella's chin and forced her to look straight at him. "Stella, you're really bold enough. How dare you talk to me in such a tone..."

Stella's chin was injured. She gasped in pain when he grabbed her chin. "It hurts..."

Erin's hand suddenly became lighter. When Stella noticed it, she was slightly stunned.

In the past, he would not show mercy to her just because she was in pain. What was wrong with him today?

She didn't want to look at Erin at first, but now she looked up and met his eyes slowly.

At such a close distance, Stella's eyes were calm, but Erin looked away a few seconds later.

Stella suddenly understood something. She found it funny in her heart, but said calmly, "Erin, it hurts. Let me go, okay?"

This was the first time Stella had spoken to him in such a soft tone after ten years apart, which made his heart tremble slightly.

He let go of her chin as he was told and sat on the chair. He pursed his thin lips and looked at her,
who was covered in wounds.

After a long while, he opened his mouth and asked lightly, "How did you get hurt?"

Stella looked at the wounds on her body and said emotionlessly, "Gloria."

Erin frowned. He didn't expect that the person Stella had offended was Gloria.

That crazy woman was the hardest to deal with among the four great families.

He glanced at Stella and asked in confusion, "Didn't you work for James? Why did his mother attack you?"

The other families naturally did not know about the secrets of the Leinster Group and the Evans Group, and Stella would not tell him either.

She avoided this question and said softly to Erin, "Erin, I'm hungry. Can you buy me something to eat?"