Chapter 123

The words of the special assistant gradually calmed Johnny's restless mind.

"James only deserves a woman like her," he sneered.

Turning around, he lazily sat on the sofa, a smug smile spreading across his face.

Seeing that Mr. Brook was smiling, the special assistant continued to flatter him, "Mr. Brook, in this regard, you are much better than James."

Naturally, that was the case. He could never be interested in a woman who sold her body!

James, with his cold and aloof demeanor, probably couldn't find any woman willing to be with him. Hence why he had to resort to a woman as such.

Johnny's mood improved quite a bit. He raised his finger and gestured toward his assistant.

"Where in Washington is Skender?"

The assistant, who had been standing still and not daring to move, quickly turned around and faced him when he heard his question.

"Ms. Clark has already left Washington on a private jet to the Pacific," the assistant reported.

"The Pacific?" Johnny's emotions, which had just calmed down, became agitated again.

"What is she doing in the Pacific?!" he demanded.

Was she so bored that she had nothing better to do?

The assistant hesitated before relaying the information he had found out.

"They say... Ms. Clark likes fishing..."

When Johnny heard the word "fishing", he was so furious that his whole body trembled. "What woman likes fishing?"

His assistant shook his head innocently and replied, "Mr. Brook, the information we found is indeed that way. If you don't believe it, I can take you to the National Space Administration to confirm it."

Johnny's hands clenched into the leather sofa, trying to control his irritable emotions, and asked coldly, "Where in the Pacific?"

The assistant swallowed and spoke tremblingly, "I... I don't know, we can't find her exact location."

The man on the sofa suddenly grabbed the leather sofa and ripped the sponge inside.

"Useless! All of you are useless!"

He stood up and was about to kick his assistant, but was stopped by his special assistant. "Mr. Brook, calm down. It's better to know that Ms. Clark is in the Pacific than to have no information for months like before."

Johnny clenched his trembling fingers and gritted his teeth. "Prepare a private jet and go to the Pacific!"

The special assistant hesitated to advise Johnny to send someone to investigate the specific location before going, but was afraid he would get angry. Also, he felt that this modus operandi was very familiar, especially similar to how James used to trick Johnny around the world.

During this time, after Neil convinced Amelia to help him secure a project, he went on to survey construction sites all over the place.

He ran around non-stop, planning to visit over fifty project locations at once to connect with the other parties.

As a result, Amelia could stay at home and work on design drawings, which would then be completed by the company's staff.

After learning that James only had a migraine, she was busy attending French classes during the day and designing at night.

Meanwhile, James, apart from going on a business trip to Washington, would have Andrew send flowers and was always there whenever she opened the door.

Every time Amelia received the roses that James sent her, she would unpack the packaging, put them in a vase. She would occasionally take a break from drawing to gaze at them.