Chapter 121

This was the first time Eva had seen the carefree playboy, Paul, in such a flustered state. Did he really fall for her?

"Mr. Evans, are you so concerned and nervous because you have really fallen for me?" Eva teased.

Paul's fingers paused, and he lowered his gaze to Eva's beautiful face, momentarily lost in thought. How could he have fallen for her? He just couldn't move on for the moment because they had been in a casual relationship for the past three years.

Paul had been with so many women, how could he possibly have feelings for a divorced woman like her? It was impossible!

"Johnny is James' enemy, and you are my ex-girlfriend. It's best not to have any connection with him," Paul stated.

His reason sounded weak and unconvincing to Eva but she did not pry further.

Paul was too much of a playboy and not a suitable partner for her. Also, she was a divorcee, so she wasn't his ideal match either.

Their three years together were just a fling, and neither of them should have feelings for each other.

"It's good that there's nothing between us," Eva nodded before turning her attention to Ms. Kayla, who was waiting for Paul at the end of the hallway.

"Although Ms. Kayla may be childish with a bad temper, she does care about you. Since you've chosen to reconcile with her, treat her well and don't fool around anymore. Women can't afford to waste away their youth on a bad guy."

With those words, Eva pushed Paul away and walked towards the elevator.

Watching the elevator door close, Paul slowly withdrew his hand from the wall he had been leaning on. Meanwhile, Amelia walked into the nightclub's elevator after buying some of Eva's pastries.

She came out of the elevator carrying her things and looked up meet a pair of eyes filled with viciousness and hostility. She was scared by those eyes that she quickly looked down and moved aside to walk past.

"Stop!"

A voice as pleasant as a voice actor filled with magical power made Amelia stop in her tracks. She slowly turned around to face the man who had already walked up to her.

"Is there anything I can help you with, sir?"

The man was about the same height as James. When Amelia spoke to him, she had to look up. Johnny towered over her so he was looking down at her.

"You look familiar, have we met somewhere before?"

Amelia was taken aback for a moment. This opening line sounded like a pickup line, but Johnny looked a little impatient.

She politely shook her head at him. "I haven't seen you before."

After answering that man, Amelia was about to turn around to look for Eva, but Johnny grabbed her sleeve, "Hold on!"

Amelia felt a trace of disgust as he pulled her sleeve. "Don't touch me!"

She quickly retracted her hand and stepped back, but bumped into Johnny's bodyguard.

The bodyguard held Amelia's shoulder and pushed her to Johnny.

Johnny did not touch her again, instead, he lowered his head and carefully examined her face.

From her eyebrows, to her nose, her red lips, and facial features. He looked at her patiently and carefully.

He suffered from prosopagnosia, but he was in a hurry and forgot to bring a photo along, so he couldn't recognize who she was.