Chapter 183

Eva emerged from the changing room, but Paul was nowhere to be seen.

She breathed a sigh of relief and headed towards where Jayden was.

Jayden introduced her to his friends, and everyone was friendly during the conversation.

However, as soon as Eva came out of the restroom, she overheard someone saying mean things about her in front of Jayden.

"Jayden, your girlfriend runs a nightclub, that occupation is a bit questionable.."

"You really don't have accurate information. Jayden's girlfriend not only runs a nightclub, but she is also divorced."

"Oh, I never would have guessed that. Did she have any children?"

"Who knows? She might have had some and got an abortion, or maybe she left the children with her ex-husband. After all, she looks pretty good, she definitely wants to use that advantage and marry a wealthy man. She wouldn't want to be burdened with a child..."

That was quite a rude remark.

Normally, Jayden would have spoken up to stop it, but today he chose to remain silent.

His mind was still preoccupied with Paul grabbing Eva's wrist, making him appear absent-minded.

In reality, he wasn't such a petty person.

The main reason was that Eva seemed resistant to his touch.

Many times, he wanted to naturally have some intimate actions with her, but Eva always found excuses and politely rejected him.

But when it came to Paul, Eva didn't seem to have the same aversion. This contrast made him uncomfortable.

He remained silent, while the discussions among his friends grew louder...

Eva glanced at Jayden's back, even though he didn't participate, his silence and lack of intervention disappointed her a bit.

After hesitating for a few seconds, she gathered her courage and walked over, interjecting:

"I am divorced, don't have any children, and it's true that I run a nightclub. But I earn millions annually and I'm financially independent. I don't need to marry a wealthy man."

Her words silenced the people sitting on the field.

Jayden finally realized what was happening and quickly stood up, "I'm sorry, they don't know the situation, that's why they were talking nonsense."

"They don't know, but do you also not know?"

Eva left these words behind, broke free from Jayden's grip, and turned to leave.

Afraid of losing Eva because of this, Jayden hurriedly chased after her.

As they walked away, a ball came flying in their direction.

The man who had accused Eva of seeking a wealthy husband just caught sight of the ball before it hit him hard in the chest.

He held his chest, gasping for breath, and looked towards where the ball came from...