Chapter 72

James opened his palm and looked at the scar on his hand. Suddenly, he chuckled.

It was the first time that Amelia had seen such a desperate smile on his face.

She couldn't help but take a step closer to him, but he said, "Don't come over!"

Without looking back, he said in a hoarse voice, "The villa in front is where he is. Go and find him."

Amelia looked in the direction of the villa and then at the man in the car. In the end, she looked away and turned to walk
toward the villa.

As James watched the petite figure rushing towards Ryan without hesitation, he gradually reddened his eyes.

He curled his hand slightly as if to cover up all the past, never to mention it again, nor to force it.

Andrew turned around and looked at James. "Mr. Evans, you've also committed suicide for her..."

James smiled and said lightly, "Don't tell her about these things in the future."

Andrew frowned, his face full of confusion.

"Why?"

James had done a lot of things for Amelia. Why didn't he tell her?

James raised his dark red eyes and said indifferently, "I will let go of them."

Andrew's heart ached as he looked at James. "Mr. Evans, what about you?"

He loved Ms. Garcia so much that he cut his palm and wrist deeply every year on the anniversary of her death.

He loved her so much and was extremely possessive, but he pushed her to someone else. How painful would his heart be?

James didn't reply to Andrew. With indifferent eyes, he looked slowly outside the car window at the blue sky and white clouds.

The light still existed, but it did not belong to him...

Therefore, even if he insisted, that beam of light would not shine upon him and give him a trace of warmth.

From the moment he was taught not to fall in love, he was destined to be alone for the rest of his life and would never get love...

When Amelia reached the door of the villa, she paused for a moment. She wanted to look back, but she gritted her teeth and held them back.

She raised her hand and pressed the doorbell of the villa.

Soon, a sweet voice came from inside.

"Who is it?"

After freezing for a moment, Amelia replied, "Mr. Evans asked me to come."

Hearing Mr. Evans's name, the person inside replied, "Oh, then come in."

Soon, the door opened. Amelia walked in.

In the villa's front yard, there were many flowers, fruits, and vegetables, which were full of life.

In the distance, a figure was watering the vegetables with a watering can.

When she looked up and saw her coming in, she quickly put down the kettle and walked toward her.

"Miss, may I ask who you are?"

The girl who asked the question looked to be in her twenties. She looked sweet, and her voice was gentle, making people comfortable.

Her sweet smile infected Amelia, and she subconsciously replied with a smile, "My name is Amelia Garcia."

The girl tilted her head and asked with a smile, "Ms. Garcia, are you here for Mr. Jones?"