Chapter 125

Amelia exited the training center with her books in her arms, just to see a group of men in suits and ties approaching her.

James had told her that he would be sending his bodyguards over to pick her up after class, so Amelia assumed that they were James' men.

She stood where she was without stepping away, but was horrified watching how the leader with the scar walked up to her with viciousness written all over his face.

"Ms. Garcia, do you know Mr. Shawn?"

Hearing the words Mr. Shawn, Amelia's heart tensed, the hands holding onto the books trembling.

James had mentioned that if Mr. Shawn's identity was revealed, his life would be in danger. How did the man come to know about Mr. Shawn?

With her palm clenched, she was forced to calm herself down before putting on a look of vigilance.

"Who are you, how do you know my name?"

It was only natural for the man not to tell Amelia who he was and what his identity was. All he did was press on in a cold voice, "Just answer me, do you know him or not?"

Although Amelia was panicking, she had to maintain composure in her response.

"Since you didn't answer my question, why should I do the same?"

Noticing how she seemed to be a tough one to deal with, a look of impatience flashed in the man's eyes.

"You once lodged a police report of Mr. Shawn's hara*sment, am I right?"

Amelia's face turned pale. Was it her previous police report that exposed Mr. Shawn's identity?

She clutched the book tightly, and after her repeated warnings to herself to keep a cool head, she remained calm in saying, "I remembered, it seems that there's indeed such a thing..."

"But I've compromised with Steve Parry. He gave me quite a hefty sum of money, so I've decided to let it slide. Why didn't the police close the case?"

The man with the scar frowned, questioning in doubt, "Steve Parry? Not Mr. Shawn hiding in the dark?"

Seeing that the man with the scar didn't seem to have details from the police report and only knew Mr. Shawn's name, Amelia was instantly relieved.

She flashed the scarred man an innocent and harmless look as she made her words up.

"Yeah. Steve Parry of the Parry family, if you don't trust me, just ask him."

Steve had a worse reputation than Paul and was often rumored to be hurting women. He was a regular visitor of the police station.

The man with the scar was well aware. Although he was still skeptical, he was a little hesitant at the sight of Amelia's clueless face.

The man beside him stepped forward and whispered a few words. Only after listening to the words and scanning Amelia from head to toe did the scarred man leave with his group.

Seeing the vehicles speeding away, Amelia released her sweaty grip on the book.

For fear that the group would come for her again after sensing something wrong, she hailed a cab without waiting for James' men to arrive.

After she got into the car, she sent a message to James, reminding him to stay on alert after informing him of the news people were out there hunting for him.

While in the middle of talking to an international designer about the design for the diamond ring, James' handsome face sank after receiving the news.

He got up and left the building, and while calling Amelia, he sent Andrew to get the car ready.