Chapter 157

Eva was still confused, while Elsie, who had caught up with them, was holding onto Paul's arm and speaking softly and sweetly, "Paul, forget it. It's just a bouquet of flowers. Don't make a big deal out of it with Ms. Miller."

Eva understood that Elsie was upset after being mistreated by Edith and had nowhere to vent her frustration, so she took it out on Eva.

Because she caused Elsie to fail to please Edith and also caused Elsie to be humiliated by the other party.

If she had tactfully avoided Edith's attempt to hand her the flowers again just now, Elsie wouldn't have asked Paul to act out this scene.

She didn't expect that Paul, a manly man, would stoop so low as to come to her and shamelessly ask for the bouquet of flowers that she rightfully won, all for the sake of his girlfriend who was full of schemes.

If earlier she was admiring him while he was playing the piano, now...

Eva smiled and didn't say anything, handing him the flowers she was holding.

Paul kept his eyes lowered and fixed on the bouquet of flowers.

Perhaps he also felt a bit stingy doing so, so he didn't rush to pick it up.

"Mr. Paul Evans, don't you want it? Why aren't you taking it?"

Eva offered the flowers to him, but he didn't take them or respond. So she simply extended them closer to him.

"A bouquet of flowers, that's all. It doesn't matter to me."

Flowers didn't matter, and neither did people. Those who had experienced failed marriages didn't ask for much.

Eva appeared indifferent, which caused Paul to furrow his eyebrows and show a hint of anger in his eyes.

"Eva is a few years older than me, and she is indeed more mature and generous," Elsie joked.

Eva smiled and lifted her hair that was blocking her view, then tucked it behind her ear. She glanced briefly at Elsie, who was watching the commotion.

"If I act immaturely, your girlfriend will get angry. It's better for me to be more generous. Otherwise, if I start a fight, both you and your girlfriend won't be able to handle it."

Her every move exuded a graceful and mature temperament, but the words she spoke were dominant and commanding.

If you catched a glimpse of their eyes, they seemed firm and almost as if they were warning the two of them to stop making a scene, or else she will roll up her sleeves and fight them.

Upon seeing Eva in this manner, Stella felt that if it weren't for being at Amelia's wedding, Eva would have likely slapped Elsie in the face already.

In Eva's own words, she was not a refined lady, so if someone bothered her, she just hit them.

During Eva's divorce case with her ex-husband, her ex-husband and his mistress twisted the truth in court.

After leaving the court, Eva's first action was to gather a few people to catch the mistress and the jerk and beat them up.

For Eva, actions speak louder than words, so she tried to use her hands as much as possible to avoid wasting her breath.

"Do you want it or not?"

Eva's impatient tone clearly made Paul's expression even more unpleasant.

He gritted his teeth, reached out, and snatched the bouquet of flowers from her hands, then turned to face Eva and presented the flowers to Elsie.