Chapter 46

Eva cried for two hours as if all her tears had dried up before she stopped sobbing.

Amelia mocked her with a smile. "As far as I can remember, you have always been tough. I didn't expect you to have the potential to be a crybaby."

Eva was not in the mood to play the game with her. She asked Amelia with a bitter face, "Did Stella know you can't see?"

Amelia shook her head indifferently. "She doesn't know."

After that, Amelia added, "I don't want to bother her."

Hearing this, Eva felt very sad. Eva thought Amelia probably felt that she would die soon, so she didn't care whether her eyes could see.

Eva stared at Amelia's dull eyes, suppressed her emotions, and asked hoarsely, "Amelia, when did your heart start to fail?"

Eva had checked and found that heart failure would take a long time to reach the late stage. Amelia couldn't have heart failure at once.

Amelia's heart had declined before she was injured by the Evans family, which meant that Amelia had experienced something that led to her entering the terminal stage.

Amelia felt that there were some things that she should tell Eva, lest Eva didn't even know how she died.
She struggled to stand up and said softly to Eva, "Do you remember the two kicks that Jackson gave me five years ago?"

Eva suddenly realized something. "Did those two feet cause your heart failure?"

Amelia nodded. "My artificial heart was broken by him. At that time, the doctor told me I would have heart failure, so he asked me to protect my heart. Maybe I could hold on for a few years. Later, maybe I didn't protect it well, and my heart failure became more serious..."

Feeling that Eva was clenching her hand tightly, Amelia patted the back of her hand and motioned for her to relax.

"I've been under treatment in Imperial Capital for some time. I planned to tell you when I came back, but you insisted on killing Ryan, so I didn't dare to tell you. I feared you would be worried, so I kept it from you."

Eva understood. Jackson caused her heart failure, and now James has reduced her life.

In Amelia's short life, the two men she fell in love with were accelerating the loss of her life.

After hurting her, the two men disappeared without saying a word.

Could it be that they ruined Amelia's visit to this world?

Eva's heart was resentful, and she wished she could tear those two arrogant men apart.

Amelia was not as angry as Eva. She seemed to have let go of it a long time ago. "Don't blame Ryan. He doesn't know anything about it. Besides, he worked hard to earn the operation fee for me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have survived until now."

Seeing that she was still speaking up for Ryan, Eva suddenly felt that it was not worth it. "Emily, you're so stupid."

Amelia didn't take it seriously. She lowered her eyes and didn't say anything, but the scene of James slapping her flashed through her mind.

The more she went there with Ryan, the more she missed James.

However, it was one-sided for her to love James. That was stupid.

Eva couldn't bear to hurt Amelia, so she didn't mention the past again. She just asked, "Amelia, are you feeling unwell anywhere?"

Amelia shook her head. It didn't matter where she felt
uncomfortable now, so she didn't want to bother the doctors.