Chapter 107

After leaving the neighborhood, she hailed a taxi and quickly went to the restaurant.

When she got out of the car, it was already dark and drizzling. Despite that, it didn't affect the romantic atmosphere of the restaurant at all.

Amelia stood by the road, looking at the restaurant across from her. Two good-looking people were sitting in a private booth.

The man was wearing a black suit, leaning back on the sofa. His head was tilted slightly, staring at the woman opposite who was speaking with her red lips...

Meanwhile, the woman was wearing an alluring red dress. She leaned back on the sofa, staring at the man across from him, talking about something in detail.

Amelia couldn't see their expressions clearly, but the atmosphere reminded her of the time he took her to a French restaurant.

She didn't want to believe that the two were on a date, but her heart wouldn't stop racing at the thought of it.

Her fear completely overwhelmed any courage she had, and she didn't even dare to walk over.

She froze in place, hesitated for a long time, and finally mustered up the courage to walk towards the restaurant.

As soon as she crossed the sidewalk and got to the side of the road, she saw James suddenly turning his head and looking out of the window.

Upon meeting his gaze, which seemed to be fixed on her, she quickly raised her hand and waved at him, but...

There was no expression on his beautiful, ethereal face. It was so cold that it could make one tremble.

The indifference in those eyes was colder than the look in his eyes he had when they were together three years ago.

Amelia's raised hand froze in mid-air in the face of that unapproachable, icy expression.

She remembered that when she first agreed to be with him, she was worried that he would treat her coldly after getting what he wanted.

Right then, he possessed her, both in body and soul. Was her fear coming true?

Amelia stood on the spot, numb for a moment. Then, she slowly lowered her hand.

She squeezed her fists tightly and looked at James carefully, but still couldn't believe that he would look at her with such
indifferent eyes.

She suspected that he only looked like that because he hadn't seen her at all. Thus, she picked up her pace and walked a few steps closer.

However, the man in the seat looked aloof. He only lowered his eyelashes and gave her a frosty look.

Seeing his icy gaze, Amelia stopped in place, and the blood all over her body went cold. She couldn't believe it. The man in front of her, who had treated her like she was the center of his world three days ago, was turning his head away and treating her indifferently.

The light in her eyes gradually faded, and all the courage she had built up also dissipated, making her afraid to take another step forward...

However, it was exactly because she had always backed off that they had such a horrible past.

Since she was right in front of him, she had to ask for an answer...

Amelia clenched her fists. She mustered up her courage again and quickly went to the door of the restaurant.

She wanted to rush in to go to James, but the security guard stopped her.

"Miss, this place has been reserved by Ms. Davies. Please show your invitation card if you want to come in," he said.