Chapter 73

After being in a daze for a long time, Amelia came to her. senses and slowly looked at his legs. "What about you? What's wrong with your legs?"

Ryan followed her line of sight, touched his disabled leg, and said lightly, "It's just a gunshot wound. Don't worry."

When Amelia heard the word "gunshot wound" she thought of his suicide, and her face was full of self-blame.

"Were you in front of my tombstone..."

Ryan shook his head and denied, "No, it has nothing to do with you. Don't blame yourself."

How could Amelia believe him? She frowned and said to him, "Ryan, we've known each other for so many years. Is there anything you can't tell me?"

They were each other's first love and family for many years. Their friendship was so deep that even the change of years could not erase it.

Ryan looked at her and remained silent for a long time. Finally, he said slowly, "That night, I planned to kill myself for you, but James stopped me..."

Speaking of this, he subconsciously glanced at Amelia. Seeing that her expression didn't seem to change, he continued, "James took away the gun in my hand, But I was determined to die. While arguing with him, I accidentally hurt my leg..."

Amelia raised her eyes and looked at him in a daze.

"Why are you so silly..."

Ryan smiled faintly. "What's the point of me living without you?"

The guilt in Amelia's heart was amplified infinitely, making her feel so ashamed that she had nowhere to hide.

Ryan was still alive, but his leg was injured. He could no longer move as freely as before.

He said it had nothing to do with her and asked her not to blame herself. But it was all because of her.

Amelia raised her hand and touched his leg, her face full of guilt. "I'm sorry, it's all my fault..."

Ryan didn't care and comforted her softly, "Amelia, it really has nothing to do with you. It's my own fault."

Amelia shook her head and said with tears in her eyes, "If I hadn't suddenly passed away, you wouldn't have..."

Ryan pressed down on her red lips to stop her from continuing. "No matter when you pass away, I'll follow you."

He had always planned to do so, and no one could stop him, including her.

Looking at his stubborn expression, Amelia felt as if her heart. was being crushed by a stone.

She lowered her gaze, staring at his legs, her guilt not subsiding but instead devouring her even faster.

Ryan rubbed her hair again and said, "Don't worry. The doctor is still treating me. Maybe I can still stand up."

These words lit up a glimmer of hope in Amelia's dim eyes.

"Really?"

Ryan smiled and nodded at her. "Yes."

The doctor said that his nerves were damaged and he would be paralyzed for the rest of his life, but he didn't want to see Amelia continue to blame herself sadly.

When Amelia got the answer, she wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes and said softly, "Then, I'll stay by your side and take care of you in the future."

Ryan's face stiffened slightly. He couldn't help but look at his legs...

Taking care of a disabled person was very difficult. How could he be selfish enough to let her spend her whole life atoning. for her guilt?