Chapter 22

Jackson looked at Amelia, who had a cold expression, and suddenly felt that she was a hedgehog.

As long as he got a little closer, she would prick him so that he would not dare to take another step forward.

He frustratedly said, "I don't want you to beg me or please me. I just want to make sure you're okay."

Amelia was ready to fight with him but didn't expect him to say such a thing.

She looked at Jackson in a daze, but he smiled at her.

His smile was faint and clean, without any scheming.

He seemed genuinely concerned about her physical condition and asked a few more questions.

Jackson turned around, picked up the plate on the table, and handed it to Amelia. "Eat something first."

Amelia did not respond. Her dim eyes were staring blankly at the food on the plate.

"Ms. Garcia?"

Jackson called her name, and then Amelia slowly raised her head to look at him.

Her eyes were filled with tears, but her expression was extremely Indifferent.

Jackson's heart suddenly tightened uncontrollably when he saw the look in her eyes.

It was as if he had done something wrong to her, which made him nervous and guilty.

He was about to speak, but Amelia said, "You just said that you want to make sure I'm fine, then why did you treat me like that five years ago?"

She did not intend to mention the past again, but what he said suddenly touched her heart.

She couldn't understand why he wanted her dead, yet now he was concerned about her physical health.

What was the reason for such a contradictory person to say such words?

Jackson was stunned for a few seconds, and then an apologetic expression appeared.

Five years ago, he had just lost his memory and was unfamiliar with everything.

However, Amelia came to him every day and explained over and over again, which made him very annoyed.

In addition, the information he had found made him feel that she was too scheming.

That was why he ordered the security guard to throw her out, even though she was still kneeling at the door then.

This was the worst thing he had ever done to Amelia, making him feel guilty.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to send someone to drive you away. I just felt a little annoyed, so..."

Jackson felt a little embarrassed to continue. It was true that he had done something inappropriate.

Even if Amelia had bad intentions at the time, he shouldn't have ordered a few men to throw her out. It was really ungentle.

She was asking why he wanted to kill her, But Jackson replied with another thing.

He probably didn't want to admit what he had done then, so he changed the subject.

Amelia didn't ask any more questions. For someone who dared not admit what he had done, there was no point in asking.

However, Jackson was puzzled by her silence.

The last time she came to the airport to pick him up, he had apologized, but she still didn't like him as usual.

Now, when he apologized to her again, she still didn't respond.