Chapter 171

"Dr. Sherwood, hasn't anyone taught you to offer a drink to others before pouring your own?"

"Is that so?"

Jayden retorted but received no response. He calmly picked up the bottle and poured himself a drink.

"Well then, I'll pour myself one first."

As Jayden raised his glass to drink, Paul's slender fingers suddenly tapped the table.

"Fill it up."

If he wanted to force him to drink in front of everyone, he would have to suffer the same fate.

"Okay."

Jayden didn't say anything and nodded. He put down his glass, picked up the bottle again, and filled up his glass.

"Senior, this is a high-proof drink I brought from the nightclub. Can you handle it?"

"I can."

After giving Eva a gentle smile, he raised his glass and drank it all in one gulp.

Seeing Eva frown and look worried about Jayden, Paul was so angry that he picked up his glass and finished the drink in one go.

He drank too quickly and accidentally choked. He coughed and looked for tissues, appearing quite embarrassed.

The napkins were within Eva's reach. She hesitated for two seconds, but eventually took one out and handed it to Paul, who sat opposite her.

The two exchanged eye contact, but Paul looked away from her face and towards the tissue, naturally reaching out to take it.

"Thank you."

The polite and distant words created a distance between the two, making them seem like the most familiar strangers, without any further conversation.

After finishing his drink and putting down his glass, Jayden glanced around and occasionally stole a look at Eva's expression while holding her phone. His face changed slightly, but he didn't say anything.

Seeing the tension between the two, Henry quickly raised his glass and suggested that everyone have a drink together, which eased the atmosphere quite a bit.

With Grace, who was always a happy person around, everyone ate, drank, joked around and played with the children, and things seemed to be going well.

However, this harmonious atmosphere lasted only briefly, and then Jayden said to Eva, "My family would like to meet you, Eva. Do you have any free time?"

Amelia and Stella glanced at each other and then looked at Eva, who kept her head down, eating.

When Jayden tried to persuade Paul to drink earlier, Amelia thought it was not a good idea.

Now, she felt it was even worse for Jayden to ask Eva to meet his family in front of so many people.

Most of the people present knew that Paul was Eva's ex-boyfriend, and although it didn't mean much, she sensed that

Jayden's words had some underlying intention.

Amelia wanted to the person who would accompany Eva for the rest of her life is pure and without any selfish motives, rather than with any hint of showing off.

After Paul arrived, Eva didn't have the courage to lift her head. Her ex-boyfriend sat across from her, and her current boyfriend sat next to her. There was nothing more embarrassing than this.

She had planned to eat this meal with a stiff upper lip and leave, but she didn't expect Jayden to bring up the topic of meeting his parents in this situation. It made her even more embarrassed.