Chapter 176

In front of her were a sea of people, all of them Evans family members led by Dominic.

There were people mentioned by Paul, such as Grandpa Sam, Auntie, and others whom Amelia didn’t know well, and had only met once at the wedding.

As soon as this group of people saw her, a look of hostility flashed in their eyes, the kind of hatred that made them want to devour her flesh and blood.

Under the gaze of such hatred, cold sweat broke out on her back, soaking her clothes in an instant.

Dominic walked up to her with his dragon-headed cane, his sharp eyes scanning her up and down.

“Should I call you Miss Garcia or Miss Clark?”

It seems that Jonny had told him.

Amelia squeezed her phone and looked back at Peter.

Peter, who was sitting in the car, had already sent a message to James.

When he saw her looking at him, he quickly nodded at her.

Understanding his gesture, Amelia regained her courage and faced Dominic.

“Grandpa, please go in first…”

“No!”

He raised his hand to stop her and said, “Don’t call me grandpa. I don’t have a daughter-in-law like you.”

Although she felt a little uneasy, Amelia remained calm and gentle, “Then I’ll call you Mr. Evans.”

Dominic, who was ungrateful, snorted coldly, “Whatever you call me, it won’t change the fact that you are a member of the Clark family. So tell me, are you trying to get close to James, change your name and identity, and use all means to become his wife for revenge against the Evans family, or are you trying to seize all the Evans family’s assets?”

After a moment of confusion, Amelia regained her composure and said, “Mr. Evans, I grew up in the Arcadia orphanage and my name was given to me by the director. My ID was also issued by the director. My name is Amelia and I have never changed it. If you don’t believe me, you can check the records.”

Dominic was skeptical and said, “The Clark family is known for creating fake identities. I fell for it once, but I won’t fall for it again.”

What does he mean by “fell for it once”? Did someone from the Clark family with a fake identity manage to infiltrate the Evans family?

Amelia was suspicious, but didn’t have the energy to investigate further at the checkpoint.

“Mr. Evans, everything I said is true. I didn’t create a fake identity. I have always been called Amelia. As for the Miss Clark you mentioned, I only found out about it recently. But my mother has already been expelled from the Clark family. We have no relationship with them anymore. And my mother may not even be from the Clark family. You can’t…”

Dominic was impatient and interrupted her, “Enough, no matter what you say, it won’t change anything.”

This means that if she is from the Clark family, no matter what her reasons or circumstances are, he will still sentence her to death.

Amelia remained silent and stopped explaining, “Mr. Evans, why did you bring so many uncles and aunts here?”

Dominic didn’t beat around the bush and explained directly, “You should divorce James and leave the Evans family immediately.”

Amelia helplessly said, “Mr. Evans, I cannot agree to that.”

It was impossible for her to divorce James. Without him, how could she go on living?