Chapter 49

After reading the letter, Eva choked with sobs.

The bank card in the envelope made her sad.

She was so stup id. Before Amelia died, she was worried that Eva didn't have enough money, but...

"Amelia, I don't need your money. I want you to come back..."

Eva held the envelope in her hand. The longing that she had never felt before occupied her mind, making her cry her heart out.

In the end, Eva fell asleep due to exhaustion. Even in her dreams, Amelia came back.

Eva was unwilling to give up. Subconsciously, she was full of the idea of Amelia coming back, so she dreamed of it.

When Eva awoke and returned to reality, a sense of
powerlessness, as she had fallen into an abyss, occupied her whole heart, making her feel suffocated.

Eva stared blankly at the ceiling with her swollen and black eyes. The whole world was quiet as if she were the only one left.

After an unknown period, her cell phone rang one after another,and she finally reacted.

The ringtone came from a paper bag of Gucci. It was Amelia's mobile phone.

Eva was stunned for a few seconds and struggled to pick up the phone.

When she saw James's name on the screen, Eva's fingers paused.

Amelia wanted to see him before she died, even if she had to listen to his voice. However, he asked Emily to answer the phone.

Such a fickle man was not qualified to know the news of Amelia's death.

Eva didn't answer the phone. The other party called several times, but no one answered.

Eva was about to put down her phone to pack Amelia's clothes when she saw countless messages from a man called "Mr. Shawn."

It was sent one after another during this period. It was all about harassment. Such as missing you and an apology from when Amelia fainted and was sent to the hospital.

Eva couldn't understand what this "I'm sorry" meant. She only felt that Mr. Shawn had gone too far in harassing Amelia before she died. Eva didn't want Amelia to suffer this kind of perverted harassment after she died.

She picked up Amelia's phone and sent a message to Mr. Shawn.

Before this, in Huston in the United States, James had just ended a closed-door meeting lasting several days and nights.

He left the airline with Andrew and went straight to the extended luxury car parked at the door.

The car started quickly. The man leaned tiredly against the car's back seat and rubbed his eyebrows.

"Is anyone looking for me in the country?"

"I turned off my phone because NASA didn't let me turn it on. I don't know if someone called me."

After explaining, Andrew quickly took out his phone and turned it on.

The airline bureau did an excellent job of keeping it a secret. After Andrew followed Mr. Evans in, their mobile phone was confiscated and forced to be turned off.

They were not allowed to walk around or even go out to buy things. They could only leave their mobile phone inside and wait for Mr. Evans to finish the meeting.

James didn't expect that this meeting would last for so many days. He didn't know how anxious the domestic people were.

Andrew pressed the power button several times, but it didn't work. It should be out of battery.