Chapter 100

Such warm and humble words came from the side of Amelia, making her heart tremble.

She turned her head slightly and looked at James, who was holding her tightly from behind.

His face was thin and pale, his eyes were scarlet, and the end of his eyes were red.

The James she remembered had always been aloof and arrogant.

Now, to pursue her, he put down his arrogance.

He was like an unreachable star falling from the night sky and becoming dust.

However, scattered stars on the ground were extraordinary things. How could he change for her?

She raised her hand and touched the thick hair on his forehead...

Such a gentle touch made James' body stiff.
He looked at the woman, who was within reach, as if he could see the tender determination in her eyes.

He subconsciously hugged her a little more. "Amelia, please, don't be so unfeeling to me..."

With such a strong force, it seemed like he wanted to rub her into his bones, forcing Amelia to swallow her words.

She withdrew her hand, lowered her eyelashes, and looked at his scarred right hand. After a long silence, she sighed.

"How long is a few days?"

James held his breath, and his dull eyes regained the light of hope.

His Amelia was feeling sorry for him. After all, she was still the kind and gentle Amelia from before.

He hugged and exerted a little more force as if he had regained something he had lost. He didn't dare to let go.

"Once you get back your things. Is that okay?"

He wanted to say forever, but she had Ryan, so it was impossible for her to be with him forever.

He knew that it was an absurd, unreasonable, and despicable request when he knew she was married.

However, he would rather be a secret lover to be with her even for a few days.

Amelia clenched her palms tightly, hesitated for a few seconds, and compromised, "Okay, I promise you."

James hugged her tightly, leaned against her car, and said gratefully, "Amelia, thank you for giving me a chance to start
over..."

Amelia looked up slowly. She looked at the afterglow outside the floor-to-ceiling windows, full of confusion.

She didn't know whether the decision she made this time was right or wrong, and she was both terrified and uneasy...

Because in her heavy and depressing memories, James was persistent in getting the things he liked.

But after he got it, he treated it indifferently...

She had seen his indifferent appearance. He was so cold that one couldn't get close to him, and those were the most profound memories.

She was afraid of this side of James and afraid he would do the same with her...

When she was full of helplessness and panic, James turned his head and kissed her cheek lightly.

"Amelia, don't be afraid. I won't hurt you again."

He felt her petite body trembling, and he knew what she was afraid of.

He wanted to tell her that he had already made a mistake once and would never make a second mistake.

But he knew very well that words were feeble.