Chapter 165

A man named Andrew arrived today and when the cruise docked, Herb tried to find a way to board the cruise.

Finally, Amelia came down to the kitchen. However, due to nervousness, excitement, and haste, Herb forgot to turn off the sound.

Not only did he fail to achieve his goal, but his effort of spending the whole day cutting onions under the command of the head chef went in vain.

Herb had never done chores, let alone cut vegetables.

He didn't even know common knowledge that onions could make him shed tears. He cried while cutting them, and wiped his tears with his hands.

He had currently soaked his eyes in water for an hour to relieve the spiciness, but he still felt very uncomfortable.

Herb felt so wronged when he thought about his own experience.

"Amelia, please let me take a photo of you for the sake of my miserable state."

Amelia, feeling a bit soft-hearted, walked up to him.

"I sympathize with you, but I won't let you take the shot."

"Why?"

Herb didn't understand why Amelia kept a wary eye on him. He just wanted to take a photo of her.

Amelia sat down across from Herb, looking at his face which didn't resemble hers.

"You just said that you feel like you've seen me before and you want to take a picture to show your father and see if I'm a relative of yours?"

"That's right. My goal is just that simple. I won't use your photo to do anything illegal.

After confirming it, Amelia curled her fingers lightly on her lap.

"What relative of yours do you think I resemble?"

"I feel like you resemble my aunt, but I'm not sure if you do because I've forgotten what she looks like. That's why I want to take a picture of you and send it to my father to confirm it if that's okay with you."

Herb's aunt...

Amelia, lost in thought, paused for a moment before tentatively asking Herb a question.

"Do you... know Skender?"

When she first met Herb, she wanted to ask him if he knew Skender.

Now he said Amelia looked like her aunt, and Jocelyn also said Amelia looked a lot like her mother.

If Herb knew Skender, then she would be...

"I know her, she's my aunt's daughter. How could I not know her? I just haven't met her before."

After Herb finished speaking, he raised his skeptical gaze and stared at Amelia intently.

"Do you know Skender? What is your relationship with her?"

Amelia's heart skipped a beat as she stared at Herb in a daze.

Herb not only knew Skender but also said that Skender was his aunt's daughter.

In that case, Herb was Amelia's cousin?

No wonder Amelia thought he was like her younger brother.

It turned out that they were family.

But this blood relationship was not what Amelia wanted.

James had previously told her that the Evans family and the Clark family had a deep feud.

It was not caused by the kind of business competition but by mutual slaughter.

They had such deep hatred, yet Amelia married James. If the Evans family were to find out, would they still accept her?