Chapter 51

Hearing Eva's firm words, he suddenly felt empty in his heart, as if he had lost something.

He shook his head at Eva with reddened eyes. "No, if she died, you wouldn't have cremated her so quickly..."

Jackson loved her so much. How could he bear to cremate her just like that?

Eva looked at him indifferently and suddenly felt sorry for him. At this point, he still didn't believe that Amelia was dead.

After a moment of silence, Eva said flatly, "Amelia asked to be cremated as soon as she heard Emily's voice."

It was Amelia who asked Jackson to cremate her immediately after her death...

It was because James hadn't come to see her for the last time and had allowed Emily to hurt her.

So she wouldn't let him see her one last time, even her body?

James instantly froze, realizing Amelia had left this world with regret and unwillingness.

He leaned against the wall and fell to the cold floor as if he had been drained.

The suffocating pain was like a hand gripping his heart, and even his breath was taken away instantly.

Seeing him lying on the ground with a pale face, Eva thought he was ridiculous. "You just regarded her as a substitute for Emily, and now you're acting deeply in love with her. Don't you feel sorry. for your mistress?"

James looked at Eva. "I've never regarded her as a substitute..."

Eva's face was full of disdain. "It's useless for you to say that now. Before Amelia passed away, she always thought she was Emily's substitute."

James's heart skipped a beat again, and a heart-wrenching pain spread from his palm little by little, making it difficult for him to breathe.

He slowly lowered his eyelashes and stopped arguing. Endless darkness enveloped him and made him fall into silence.

After a long time, he opened his m outh and did not make a sound. When he opened his mouth again, it was already trembling.

"When... when did her heart fail?"

Eva had not left because she wanted to stay here to stimulate him. Seeing that he finally asked about the heart failure, she couldn't help raising her eyebrows and say sarcastically. "You've been sleeping with her for five years but didn't even know. How would I know?"

"That's right. he has been with her for five years but doesn't even know about it. How ridiculous!" she thought.

Eva thought momentarily and said, "She had heart failure before signing the agreement with you..."

Eva didn't want to say it at first, but she felt she should tell him how indifferent he had been to Amelia all these years.

James's body stiffened, and his face turned even paler.
It turned out that her heart had failed so early, but he didn't notice.

No, he had discovered it once...

It happened four years ago...

He remembered that night when he couldn't bear to leave and fell asleep with her in his arms; he heard her call out Ryan's name in her sleep.

He was so angry that he pushed her away. Perhaps it was because he pushed her so hard that she choked and woke up, and then her breathing became rapid.

She reached out to him with difficulty and asked him to take her to the hospital...

But he was angry and didn't know she had a heart attack, so he didn't care about her. He even deliberately humiliated her with money to vent his anger.

Thinking of the past, he felt guilty again, which made him unable to breathe for a long time.