Chapter 80

Seeing that he was being so persistent, Amelia was a little at a loss.

She didn't accept his friend request, and instead, she cleared all the messages and notifications.

When she was planning to deactivate her account, she saw the group chat with all the clients she had worked with before, and someone had tagged James.

That group was established by the headquarters of Moore Group to manage their clients, and the people in it were
basically CEOs of conglomerates.

She thought that after her death, people from the company would kick her out of the group, but she didn't expect that...

The person who tagged James was Harry, the general manager of the Weil Group. It seemed that there he had an urgent matter to discuss with James, so he directly tagged him in the group.

However, it was impossible for James to respond to this kind of message. Previously, it was the people from Moore Group who asked her to persuade him to join the group.

Thinking of the past, Amelia clicked on his profile picture...

She had blocked him after they separated. They were not friends on Facebook, but she could still see records of their past conversations.

She clicked into it and saw the conversation from three years ago.

"James, you've been on a business trip abroad for three months. When will you be back?"

That was when she was afraid that she would not be able to wait for him, so she mustered up the courage to send him a message, but he did not reply to it.

Amelia clicked on that message, and she saw that the conversation was very short. There was nothing special either.

The only thing that warmed her heart was when he sent her two messages when he was sick.

One was, "I miss you."

The other was, "Having a gastric. Come see me." It was already midnight when she saw those two messages, but she immediately put on her coat, bought some medicine, and went over to him.

Amelia saw James lying on the sofa, his hand on his stomach.

His tall and straight body was curled up slightly, and he looked like he was in a lot of pain.

She brought a cup of warm water with some medicine and walked up to him. Then, she softly called his name.

Hearing her voice, James slowly opened his eyes, looking at her in a daze.

After a while, he called her name, "Amelia..."

His tone was usually cold, but this time, it was soft and gentle, perhaps it was because he was sick.

However, Amelia couldn't help curling the corners of her mouth as she heard his gentle voice. She smiled sweetly and said, "I brought you some medicine. Why don't you take it first?"

James shook his head, raised his slender fingers, and patted the space beside him.

"Come lie down with me for a while."

Amelia always listened to him, so she nodded obediently, and put down the medicine and water before lying down beside him.

He hugged her in his arms, lowered his thick eyelashes, and looked at her palm-sized face with his beautiful eyes.

After staring at her for a while, James asked her, "Why did you come to me only now?"

Amelia didn't dare to look at him, and replied in a soft voice, "I saw the message you sent me, so..."