Chapter 71

Amelia stood rooted to the spot and looked at him in disbelief.

"He's... still alive?"

James clenched his fists and suppressed the heart-wrenching pain in his heart. He nodded slightly and said, "He is still alive."

He saw that her dull eyes lit up little by little when she heard. the word "alive".

Sure enough, only Ryan could make her react. As for him, no matter what he did, she would not take it to heart.

A self-deprecating smile appeared on James's face.

After getting a positive answer from him, the rims of her eyes gradually turned red.

"Isn't he..."

It was reported that he committed suicide because of love, and Eva also said that he was gone. How could it be....

James replied indifferently, "I saved him."

A trace of surprise appeared in Amelia's misty eyes. It turned out that it was James who had saved Ryan.

She was a little shocked, and strange emotions spread from the bottom of her heart. In the end, she only said, "Thank you."

This "thank you" completely widened their relationship, and James felt it was extremely ear-piercing.

He sneered and questioned Amelia, "Who are you to thank me on his behalf? Aaron's wife or his wife?"

When Amelia heard this, the guilt in her heart did not lessen. Instead, it was infinitely magnified.

She lowered her eyes and pursed her lips. She did not reply to him, but her nails dug deep into her palms.

James raised his hand and pried open her fingers to prevent her from hurting herself. Then, he said to her, "I'll take you to
see him."

His broad palm enveloped her hand, gradually weaving his fingers through hers until they were interlocked.

He held her hand and led her out of the door.

Andrew and a group of bodyguards stopped Aaron outside the door.

Aaron put one hand in his suit pocket. His face was livid as he angrily rebuked Andrew, "Just wait. My men will be here soon."

Andrew didn't expect that the fourth son of the Johnson family would make a phone call and ask someone to come over in front of him. It was a bit difficult to accept.

Just as Aaron was about to say something harsh, he saw Amelia walk out of the room.
He immediately stopped talking and walked toward her.

"Skender."

James glanced at him coldly, grabbed Amelia's hand, and walked past him.

Aaron's face darkened. He stepped forward, grabbed Amelia's hand, and coldly ordered, "The plane is about to take
off. Follow me."

Amelia looked up at him and said, "Sorry, I can't go with you. I'm going to..."

Before she could finish her sentence, James dragged her out of the room.

She could only push Aaron away and turn to him, "I'll explain it to you when I get back."

Eva, standing at the VIP hall door, subconsciously breathed a sigh of relief when he saw them leaving the airport.

Although she had already planned to settle down in Ireland with Amelia, she always felt that after going there, Amelia would be treated badly by Aaron.

She had been feeling uneasy these days, but now that she saw Amelia being taken away by James, she felt relieved.