Chapter 194

James pondered for a few seconds, then sent a team of bodyguards to Andrew to settle the old grudges with the Simpson family.

After Andrew left, James didn’t plan to stay in the hospital for long. Holding Amelia’s hand, before leaving, he glanced at Paul sitting in front of the hospital bed and said, “I’ll let you know once I find the person.”

Paul, who was always worried about Anthony’s condition, looked up when he saw James about to leave. He happened to see Edith standing at the door, holding a bag, looking lost.

As if just realizing something, he quickly got up and followed, “Oh, by the way, I also have urgent matters to do. Edith, can you take care of Anthony for me?”

Without waiting for Edith’s response, he picked up his coat and followed James out.

When they reached downstairs, he stopped Eva and said, “I’ve been drinking, can you drive me back?”

Eva glanced at Amelia, who was already sitting in the car and waiting for her, “You should let the bodyguards drive you. I’ll go back with Amelia and wait for Stella’s news together…”

Paul, whose plan had failed, felt a little disappointed, but he didn’t make a fuss at this critical moment. He called a bodyguard to get in the car with him and closed the window.

As the car passed by, Eva lowered her lashes. Amelia sensed it and held her hand, but didn’t say anything or ask anything.

Being friends also meant giving each other space in their hearts, it’s better not to pry too much.

After everyone left, Edith walked up to Anthony, holding the bag, “Are you okay?”

Anthony didn’t expect her to come. Hope flickered in his eyes, but he was afraid she would feel uncomfortable, so he didn’t show it, “Just a minor injury, it’s nothing.”

Compared to the few stabs he took for her back then, this was just small injury.

Edith looked at his bleeding lip and sat down in front of the hospital bed, “Your skills are not as good as my brother’s, why did you go get into a fight?”

She put down the bag and grabbed a sterilized gauze, handing it to Anthony, “Clean it up, your mouth is still bleeding.”

Anthony instinctively lowered his gaze and looked at the blood dripping on the sheets. He could guess that his current appearance must be bruised and swollen, extremely ugly. Afraid that Edith would see his bad side, he quickly reached out and took the gauze, wiping his mouth hastily.

Seeing him wiping it messily and smearing it all over, Edith frowned and took the gauze from his hand, “Forget it, let me do it.”

She took it and walked towards the sink, wet her hands, and then returned to sit down, carefully wiping away the blood at the corner of his lips.

Looking at the woman taking care of him, Anthony, who had put himself in a place of despair, saw a ray of sunlight shining through the dark door, warming his heart and lungs…

But he knew in his heart that Edith no longer loved him. The reason she came to visit him and stayed to take care of him was to make up for the mistakes her parents had made.

Although they had talked about it, Edith couldn’t completely cut off contact with him because of this mistake. At least in situations where they had to interact, it was impossible to cut off completely.

Anthony thought it was nice to occasionally see her, unless she got married, then he would completely disappear and spend the rest of his life in loneliness.