Chapter 127

Before she had a chance to ask for the specific reason, the rope that bound her hands and feet was cut by Brandon with a knife.

Amelia thought Brandon would let her go, but she didn't expect him to suddenly turn the blade and point the sharp tip of the knife at her neck.

Then, a majestic voice came from above her head, "Ms. Garcia, your neck is very slender. If I make a cut, it should be able to sever it, right?"

As the cold blade sliced through her skin, Amelia's forehead broke out in a cold sweat that rolled down her face...

But she forced herself to remain calm and lifted her gaze to the middle-aged man above her.

"Mr. Moore, I don't know who he is. I really don't know. Even if you kill me, I won't be able to tell you. Why bother making things difficult for me?"

She spoke words of submission, but her eyes revealed a resolute expression.

No matter who it was, they couldn't pry the whereabouts of Mr. Shawn from her mouth.

She was determined to protect James and would not let him suffer any harm, even if she was threatened, she had no fear!

Brandon realized that she was still being stubborn, and knew that she must have guessed that he wouldn't kill her, which was why she refused to admit it.

It seemed that she needed to suffer a bit, after all, when people felt desperate, they would naturally choose to survive...

Brandon waved his hand and a man with a scar on his face immediately understood. He ordered someone to bring a huge water tank filled with water...

Before Amelia could react to what they were doing, someone held the back of her head and pushed her into the water tank.

The feeling of suffocation and lack of oxygen invaded her, making it difficult for her to breathe. In just a short minute, her face turned pale.

However, Brandon showed no intention of stopping, and was even interested, smoking a cigar and laughing as he watched her.

"Ms. Garcia, your lung capacity is not bad. You managed to hold on for so long. Impressive," said Brandon.

Amelia couldn't hear a word he said. All she saw in front of her were bubbles she couldn't exhale due to the lack of air...

As she struggled with all her might, her hands gradually lost strength. Before she lost consciousness, her life experiences flashed before her eyes...

The tragic, the joyous, the times she was loved, all of it passed quickly. She had no regrets, except for not being able to fulfill her promise to marry James...

Just as she was about to pass out from lack of oxygen, the door of the wooden hut was kicked open.

A man appeared outside the door, with a magnificent figure and a noble temperament, like an unreachable star.

However, the star was now shrouded in murderous rage. His breath alone was enough to devour bones and drink blood.

When he saw Amelia, who appeared lifeless and submerged in the water tank, his bloodthirsty eyes suddenly ignited with towering anger!

The person guarding the door, seeing him break in, raised an iron rod, intending to knock him out...

As the iron rod was about to strike, his wrist was caught. The sound of bones breaking immediately followed.

The next second, the iron rod in his hand was taken away by the man. With just one strike, the gatekeeper's eyes rolled back and he completely lost consciousness...