Chapter 195

After dragging Henry into the birdcage room, Erin handcuffed his hands and feet to the iron bars of the cage with four handcuffs.

Henry’s face was facing inside the birdcage, able to see everything inside, but he had no idea what Erin was planning by restraining him like this.

Stella tried to move towards the gun on the table, but Erin grabbed her wrist and threw her into the birdcage.

As he took out the handcuffs, Erin stared into Stella’s eyes and asked her, “Do you want to stay with me for another month, or stay here with him? Choose one.”

Stella looked at Erin, his eyes bloodshot, and then at the handcuffs. She shook her head, “Erin, don’t do this. When they find me, you’ll be sentenced for a long time.”

Erin smirked, “If I cared about how long I would be sentenced, I wouldn’t have brought you here…”

He used his cold fingers to lift Stella’s chin, “Which one will you choose?”

Stella couldn’t leave Henry alone here, so she chose the latter.

“Since you’re not planning to let me go, then just tie me up here with him.”

No matter which option she chose, Erin would still have control over her. She might as well stay here and accompany Henry.

Upon hearing her choice, Erin’s heart sank. The excruciating. pain surged through him.

With his eyes turning red, he stared at Stella and gritted his teeth, “Do you love him that much?”

Did she love him so much that she would give up the chance of survival, willingly be locked in a birdcage, and stay with a half-dead doctor?

But wasn’t she supposed to love him the most? She had loved him since they were young, even when he rejected her, mocked her, and bullied her. How did she fall in love with someone else so quickly?

Stella didn’t answer Erin’s question. She extended her hands and said coldly, “Just lock me up. Don’t waste your breath. It’s meaningless.”

No matter how much they talked about love or not, it was all meaningless. It was ironic. When she loved him, he didn’t love her and treated her that way. Now, what’s the point of talking about love?

Erin’s long eyelashes drooped. Stella looked at his fair hands and said, “Stella, just say it. Let me give up…”

“If you really want to hear it, then I’ll tell you. I love him, I love him very much. If it wasn’t for you, I would have married him a long time ago…”

Erin suddenly smiled, “Yes, if it wasn’t for me, you would have married him, and you two would have adopted a child and lived happily ever after. But Stella…”

After a pause, he raised his bloodshot eyes and stared directly at Stella, “You were the first one to say you loved me.”

You said you loved me, and that’s why I loved you without hesitation. Why did you stop loving me just because you said so...

It was the first time Stella saw tears in Erin’s eyes. The glistening teardrops, reflecting dim light in the dim room, carried countless grievances and the pain of unrequited love. All of it was visible in his eyes.

For some reason, Stella didn’t have the courage to meet his gaze and awkwardly looked away…

She didn’t say anything, appearing cold and indifferent. It seemed like she didn’t care whether he lived or died. Perhaps this was exactly what she wanted.