Chapter 97

After some slight pondering, she agreed.
James took her to the balcony, and the waiter served them two glasses of red wine.

Amelia was not allowed to drink, but the two of them being alone with each other was awkward and suffocating.

All she could do was hold onto the wine glass, lower her head, and sip the red wine to get through the heavy period.

Seeing her take several sips of wine, James stretched out to grab the wine glass from her.

"You've undergone a major operation, so drink less."

He placed the glass on the bar next to him, sizing Amelia up with his head tilted.

The dim light shone on her tiny face, making her fair skin and delicate features look even more perfect than it was.

His gaze slowly glided down. The wanton short hair stuck to her fair neck, and further down was the chest he was immersed and addicted to countless times.

With just a glance at it, he could feel the blood in his body boiling. For fear that he would lose control of himself, he rapidly averted his gaze.

He picked up the wine glass, took a sip and looked ahead, asking out of concern for Amelia standing beside him.

"Have you started working?"

Amelia gave a slight hum as response before raising her restless pair of hands to trace the edge of the bar.

Once again, James turned his head to the side to look at her back.

Seeing the exposed skin and horrifying scars, distress appeared from the fundus of his eyes.

He stretched out his slender fingers, intending to stroke the scars that were left after she took on the acid for him, but then remembered that she was married.

His hand froze in mid-air, warning himself over and over again in his heart that he was no longer qualified to touch her.

His fingers gradually curled into a first with his nails piercing his palm. It was only after a while that he asked with concern, "You have just recovered from your injury, why don't you get a break?"

Amelia lowered her head, clasped the bar, and answered his words.

"Before my sister passed away, she left some projects behind, and the progress was relatively fast."

James nodded lightly. Seeing that she was not wearing a wedding ring on her ring finger, he couldn't help asking, "How's everything going... with him?"

Amelia was stunned for a few seconds before a calm smile spread across her face.

"Everything's going fine..."

With Jessica by his side, it was better for her not to tell him about her affairs, so as not to affect his new life.

When James saw the happy smile on her face, the heart-piercing pain strangled his limbs, making it difficult for him to breathe.

She married the boy she loved most when she was young. It was only normal that she was leading a happy married life, but why was he feeling so uncomfortable...

He gripped the wine glass tightly in hand, his blood cold. He couldn't wait to leave the suffocating place, but he couldn't bear to part with her.

Amelia glanced at James who threw his head back and chugged down the wine, she subconsciously swallowed seeing his bobbing Adam's apple...

The dryness in her mouth set her entire body on fire while her tiny hands went uncontrollably reaching out to touch his sexy Adam's apple.

Coming into contact with the cool skin, the hot sensation subsided a little and it urged her to touch him more...