Chapter 35

Jackson helped Amelia into the car first before he got in himself.

Ignoring his injuries, he picked up a clean towel and wiped Amelia's wet hair.

His movements were very gentle for fear of hurting her. However, his expression changed when his gaze landed on her exposed skin.

Amelia, whom he had loved and cared for all his life, had been bullied so hard by that bastard.

This was not the first time. A full five years was enough to make Jackson regret a lifetime.

Seeing that Jackson was staring at her neck in a daze, Amelia subconsciously covered her neck and wrapped her coat tighter around her.

Jackson hurriedly explained, "Amelia, that's not what I meant. I just felt that I was too useless to make you hurt."

Amelia shook her head and said, "It's not his fault. I volunteered."

How could she blame James when she signed the agreement herself?

Jackson's heart trembled for a moment. Her willingness was harder for him to accept than if she had been forced.

Instead of answering, he continued to dry her hair with a dry towel.

Looking at him gently taking care of her, Amelia couldn't bear it, but there were some things that she had to make clear.

"Ryan, I have something to tell you..."

"Let's talk about it when we get back, okay?"

She was interrupted by Jackson as soon as she opened her mouth.

He seemed to have noticed something and didn't want to listen to her.

Seeing that his forehead was still wrapped in gauze, Amelia put down what she wanted to say first.

Jackson wanted to take her back to his villa, but Amelia didn't want to. She wanted to go back to Eva's apartment.

That small apartment gave her a sense of security. She could sleep better there.

Jackson had no choice but to send her back to her apartment, but he was unwilling to go upstairs because he was afraid that Amelia would tell him something after going upstairs.

Seeing this, Amelia was not hurrying to get out of the car. "Ryan, some things need to be made clear."

She didn't have much time left. This injury had worsened her condition. If it weren't for the special medicine that Stella gave her, she might not have had the strength to say much to him right now. While she still had some strength left, she wanted to ensure she said everything she needed to say.

"Don't take what I said in James's villa to heart. I said that just to leave safely."

She was referring to the sentence, "Now that Ryan is back, the misunderstanding has been resolved. I want to go back to him and be with him".

Jackson was smart enough to understand what she was talking about but couldn't accept it. "Why?"

She had already rejected James, so why wasn't she willing to return to him? Was she still blaming him?

Amelia looked at him apologetically. "I'm sorry, Ryan. It's my fault. I betrayed you first."

A trace of frustration appeared on Jackson's handsome face. "You didn't betray me. You sold yourself for me. And later, you did it because of anger...."

The corners of Amelia's mouth curled up slightly. "I was indeed angry at first, but later I was willing to do so."

Her light-hearted words made Jackson's breath catch.