Chapter 98

Amelia's eyes were filled with longings. James said, "Let me be with you while you're in Washington."

Amelia's eyes flashed disbelief, but she quickly regained composure. "Mr. Evans, it's not suitable."

This time, she quarreled with him because she drank something she shouldn't have.

However, there's no need to continue entanglement because of this.

James raised his thin lips and smiled bitterly. "Ms. Garcia, is it because you're afraid your husband would mind?"

Amelia gently shook her head and said to him, "Mr. Evans, loving you was tiring. I don't want to make the same mistake again."

Hearing her love for him for the first time, James felt his heart stop beating, and his eyes turned red a little. "Amelia, I've been waiting for your words for many years..."

Amelia raised her eyes to look at him, raised the corners of her mou th , and smiled slightly. "I've been waiting for you to say you love me for many years as well..."

James saw the relieved smile on her face, and his heart ached so badly that he couldn't breathe.

He touched her cheek with one hand and asked, "Since we love each other, can't we be together?"

Amelia corrected him with a smile, "Mr. Evans, that's in the past..."

James smiled wryly. "Hah. In the past, huh?"

No one knew he loved her with all his heart.

Why did he find out about her love for him when it was all over?

He didn't feel that they loved each other in those five years.

He didn't feel her love for him. How could he be satisfied to know they had missed their chance?

He refused to give up, touched Amelia's face, and asked affectionately, "Can you fall in love with me again, even a little?"

The smile on the corner of Amelia's mo uth was full of relief. "Mr. Evans, once is enough. We can't be together again."

She didn't want to fall into such a desperate and inextricable mood day after day like three years ago; it was too tiring.

James's scarlet eyes were even redder.

"Look, I almost forgot that you are a married woman. How could you fall in love with me again..."

He gradually closed his eyes and blushed.

After returning to indifference and alienation, he said softly, "Ms. Garcia, please don't take my nonsense to heart."

Amelia glanced at him, trying to explain that it wasn't because of Ryan, but he had changed the subject. "Thirsty?"

She had no choice but to swallow her words and nodded slightly to him. "Yes, I am."

After drinking the medicine, her throat was dry and hoarse, so she was naturally thirsty.

James fetched a water cup, inserted a straw, and handed it to her lips, intending to feed her the water.

Amelia didn't want to trouble him, so she reached out to take the cup in his hand and took the cup and drank it herself.

James didn't stop her. He just sat aside and watched her drink the water.

For him, it didn't matter if she no longer loved him. Being by her side was nice too.

After Amelia finished drinking, she looked up at James. Seeing that his eyes were on her all this while, she felt uncomfortable and looked away.

She was lying on the hospital bed, and he was sitting by the side of the hospital bed.