Chapter 128

Eva was still lost in her thoughts about the kidnapping last night and was dazed when she heard Rebecca's question.

Paul quickly spoke up to introduce her, "She is Ms. Garcia's good friend, Eva Miller."

Rebecca nodded in understanding and slowly lowered her gaze, noticing the intertwined hands of the two. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

She had heard about Ms. Garcia's friend, an orphan who worked in nightclubs after graduating from high school, and later opened her own nightclub after getting divorced. Although she was financially self-sufficient and somewhat wealthy, Paul's parents would probably not approve of her as a daughter-in-law.

Money was not the standard for measuring a daughter-in-law. Being divorced and working in a nightclub were two major obstacles that his parents would not likely overlook.

Rebecca didn't bother to remind them of anything. She simply greeted Eva politely before standing aside.

Although she didn't say anything, sensitive people could tell what others were thinking with just a look.

Eva was very tactful and muttered to Paul, "I'll look for Amelia. If Mr. Evans is out of danger, please let me know."

She finished speaking and tried to push Paul's hand away, but he held onto her wrist tightly.

"We've sent many people to look for Ms. Garcia. Just stay here with me and don't go anywhere. It's dangerous."

As Eva was about to say something, she saw a young woman she had met at the obstetrics and gynecology department walk up to Paul with elegant steps.

"Paul, Mom and Dad will be here soon..."

Edith Evans' brief reminder made Paul's face slightly stunned.

Taking advantage of his momentary distraction, Eva pushed his hand away.

She looked up and saw Edith nod politely at her. Eva quickly smiled at her and swiftly walked past her.

She had previously thought that this beautiful and elegant woman was Paul's new favorite, but she didn't expect her to be his own sister.

The frustration buried in Eva's heart slowly dissipated. However, she clearly knew that Paul was not her match.

Eva walked out of the hospital, looked up at the sky, and the heavy gloom gradually captured her depressed heart.

"Amelia, where are you? Are you hurt? Are you... still alive?",

Eva couldn't help but imagine the worst outcome as tears streamed down her face.

She regretted not leaving everything behind with Amelia when she first returned alive. If she had known how tumultuous fate could be, she would have taken her far away from everything...

48 hours later, the entire Evans family, from the patriarch to the youngest grandchildren, stood outside the ICU ward in the hospital.

They all dressed in suits and looked handsome, even the old man with silver-white hair was spry and sharp.

Though they were worried, they maintained the calmness that the Evans family should have and listened to the doctor's announcement in silence.

"I'm sorry. Mr. Evans didn't make it. Please prepare for him to be in a coma..."

As Amelia regained consciousness from her daze, she noticed that her surroundings were somewhat familiar.

There was a luxurious chandelier hanging overhead, and the decor was in a French style. Outside the floor-to-ceiling windows were rows of Ireland-style houses, as well as an endless expanse of sea...