Chapter 108

After leaving the slums, they parked the car in an unmonitored area outside the back entrance of the hotel.

James and Emelyn removed their masks simultaneously, and threw them to Zack for destruction. They quickly got out of the car and strode towards the hotel.

They entered the elevator, which had been modified to avoid surveillance, and quickly made their way back to the room through a special passage. As they closed the door, Emelyn walked up to James.

"Thank you for standing in for my brother and helping the headquarters deal with those people. I couldn't have done it by myself."

"And I tend to catch people's attention due to my identity. Thank you for pretending to be my partner last night to help me forge an alibi."

James didn't have time to say much to her. He turned around and was about to leave through the main entrance.

"Wait, Mr. Shawn."

Emelyn walked over in her high heels and continued, "We're being investigated both domestically and abroad. My brother asked me to remind you not to expose your identity, even to your closest confidants."

James' handsome face gradually turned cold. "If he didn't pick a fight with Johnny, would anyone investigate you?"

Emelyn was silenced by his words. It was true that the recent crisis in Organization S was caused by her brother's provocation against Johnny.

Realizing she was in the wrong, Emelyn didn't say anything more and just nodded.

"I'm sorry. We'll be more careful in the future."

James retracted his icy gaze and quickly left. He walked through the lobby and towards the car parked outside the hotel, under the watchful eyes of onlookers.

Once the servants left, Amelia got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. She took off her wet clothes, filled the bathtub with water, and took a bath.

After cleaning herself thoroughly and tending to the cuts on her palms, she changed into a fresh set of clothes and went downstairs to the study room.

She opened the last row of bookshelves and took out the pile of lost items. She came to the living room and placed them on the gla*s table. She sat on the sofa quietly, waiting for James.

She sat on the sofa, quietly, waiting for James...

Not long after, a Lincoln limousine stopped at the entrance of the villa.

The tall, cold and noble man pushed open the car door and strode into the villa.

When he saw Amelia sitting in the living room, his flustered heart finally settled down.

Even the pair of bloodshot eyes which had not been closed for four days couldn't help but show a hint of a smile.

He adjusted himself, raised his thin lips, and walked towards Amelia with a smile. "Amelia..."

When he walked to her, he wanted to reach out and hug her, but Amelia avoided him.

She was being polite and distant to him, as if she had seen a stranger.

"Since you're back, we should clear some things up."

James' expression froze. The uneasiness that had just subsided rose again because of this cold sentence. His thick eyebrows furrowed, looking at Amelia who had turned ice-cold.

"Amelia, are you angry with me for not coming home on time yesterday?"

He squatted down, kneeling in front of her with one knee, explaining, "I have an organization in Europe, and something happened over there yesterday. That's why I couldn't come back in time. I called you, but you didn't answer..."