Chapter 4

After finishing half of the bowl, Amelia was full. She put down the spoon and asked Eva, “Shouldn’t you go to work?”

Eva pointed at her watch and said, “It’s already so late. Why is there a need to go to work?”

“Then you…”

“I’ve taken two days off to accompany you.”

Eva lay down on the empty hospital bed next to her. “I can take this opportunity to have a good rest.”

Amelia smiled gently and said, “Thank you, Eva.”

Eva waved her hand and yawned. “Amelia, I’ll take a nap Call me if you need anything.”

Amelia nodded. “The doctor is here. Don’t worry, and go to sleep.”

Only then did Eva close her eyes and fall asleep tired.

Eva worked in the night club, and most of the time, she was on the night shift, very busy and tired.

She didn’t get into college, and without a bachelor’s degree, she couldn’t sit comfortably in the office like an ordinary white-collar worker.

After graduating high school, she didn’t find a good job, but she wanted to settle in Arcadia. So she decided to work at a nightclub.

At first, she worked as a wine saleswoman, but later, due to her excellent performance, she was promoted to the position of manager.

After a few years of hard work, she bought a house and a car, which could be considered a small achievement but was tough.

Fortunately, Eva had a reliable boyfriend, and they were getting married in the ninth of the following month.

After getting married, she could get rid of her identity as an orphan and rebuild her family.

Although Eva had worked hard all these years, she would always have a promising future.

As for Amelia, she didn’t expect anything else. She would have no regrets as long as she could live to the day of Eva’s wedding and see her get married.

After staying in the hospital for a night, Amelia’s high fever had completely subsided. She was still weak but no longer needed to stay in the hospital.

She asked Eva to refund the hospital fees, and they went straight home after the discharge formalities.

As soon as Eva came back, she was busy in the kitchen. Amelia wanted to help, but Eva refused her.

“Go back and have a good rest. I’ll take care of this.”

Eva waved her hand and drove Amelia out.

Amelia’s fever had subsided, but her heart failure had worsened.

Her chest felt very painful, her head was also dizzy, and she was weak due to insufficient blood and oxygen supply. She couldn’t even stand firmly.

With that, she couldn’t help Eva, so she had to listen to her and struggled to go back to the bedroom.

After lying down on the bed, she wanted to sleep soundly.

Suddenly, a text message arrived on the phone on the bedside table. It was entertainment news she was following.

She knew little about James’s schedule since she stayed with him, so she started paying attention to some entertainment accounts when she saw that he occasionally appeared on the news.

She opened it and took a look. The paparazzi had captured the scene of James carrying Emily to the emergency room.

The content reported that their old relationship had rekindled.