Chapter 148

When Aaron lowered his hand from her cheek, his fingertips brushed by her long curly hair.

He knew Skender didn't have such long hair.

In Aaron's blurred vision, a face, similar to Skender's but still different, gradually emerged.

"So she's Amelia, not Skender." He thought ruefully.

He had mistaken her for her sister again.

Aaron's bright eyes gradually lost their glow.

He slowly looked toward her heart as if he could feel Skender's presence, which made him extremely at ease.

"Amelia..."

He struggled to call out her name. Sitting next to him, Amelia saw him recognize her and quickly wiped away her tears as she moved closer.

"Aaron."

She still recognized him as her brother-in-law despite the way he had treated her before.

Her kindness made Aaron lower his eyelashes in guilt.

After a few seconds of silence, he suddenly opened his mouth and said sincerely, "I'm sorry..."

Probably because he knew he was dying, and he also realized he had acted like an a shole, his belated apology came from the bottom of his heart.

Knowing that Aaron was apologizing to her, Amelia shook her head at him, but when she parted her lips again, she didn't know what to say.

When Aaron looked at Amelia with his lifeless eyes, he gave her a faint pleading look.

"Do you still remember the agreement?"

"Yes."

Amelia nodded.

His first request was for her to complete the project on behalf of her sister.

The second was to become her sister's substitute for a month.

Aaron hadn't mentioned his third request yet.

"The third one...

Aaron struggled to say the three words and lost his strength.

Lying in the hospital bed, he clutched the bloody sheet and rested for a long time before his blood-stained lips slowly parted.

"Help me... take care of Grace."

Even without him asking, Amelia would take care of Grace, "Aaron, don't worry. I'll take good care of Grace."

Aaron knew that James loved Amelia very much and would definitely help get Grace back, so when Casare took her away, he was not so worried.

But he was still worried, so he used the agreement to force her to take care of Grace. He was being unscrupulous, but he had no choice.

Casare was a favorite member of the royal family. Even if they knew that Casare had killed him, they would still try to protect that man.

The Johnson family would retaliate by killing Casare and might even go after the royal family, but they were no match for these people.

Aaron knew very well that the one who could defeat Casare and the royal family was James, who alone had the ability to deal with all powers.

However, he didn't want James to avenge him. He just wanted to find Grace a protector.

He would be happy enough if Grace could stay away from Casare under their protection, study hard, and grow up healthy.