Chapter 153

Having been waiting for years, James stared at the marriage certificate in his hands, a faint smile appearing on his face.

With this, Amelia would be his for the rest of his life and no one would have the right to take her away from him, they were a legal couple now.

Seeing the man lower his eyebrows and smile slightly, Amelia smiled as well, "Mr. Evans, are you at ease now?"

James took her hand, bent slightly, leaned close to her ear and said softly, "Mrs. Evans, please get ready for the wedding day after tomorrow."

Only when their wedding was successfully completed could he truly feel at ease.

Amelia answered 'yes' sweetly, whispered something into his ear, and then turned to go into the restroom.

As soon as she entered, she heard a few sounds of discussion coming from several cubicles...

"Hey, did you see? That Mr. Evans just got his marriage certificate looks really handsome."

"Besides being handsome, he was rich. He's got limited editions of luxury brands all over him. That watch alone is worth tens of millions."

"My God, that's too rich. Such a handsome and wealthy man would actually marry a divorcee. What does he think?"

"I also think it's very unbelievable. It's rare in the world for someone like him to be married to a divorcee. It's the first time I've seen it."

"Have you seen the picture of Ms. Garcia's ex-husband from her first marriage? He is good-looking too, but they are still divorced. What a pity..."

"What's the pity? Her second husband now is much better looking than her first husband, and if it were me, I would choose the second husband!"

Amelia's hand that pushed the cubicle door open was slightly stiff, and her face turned pale.

She was indeed divorced. But James' marital history was clean.

Standing at the door, she was stunned for a few seconds and then put aside her guilt towards the two gentlemen of her first and second marriage, pushed the door and walked in.

She felt sorry for Ryan Jones, but she loved James. Since she had firmly chosen the latter, no one could change her decision through gossip.

She came out of the restroom and saw James carefully putting the marriage certificates into a safe.

Amelia was very surprised that this man had brought a safe here?

Then, she walked over and held out her hand to James, "Let me keep it."

James lifted his thin, thick eyelashes and shook his head, "I'll keep it."

In the future, if they had conflicts, she would not be able to find the marriage certificate if she wants to get a divorce.

James closed the safe, turned his back to her, and changed the password.

Amelia was rendered speechless.

This man gave her all his personal assets and the Evans family fortune, but he only kept their marriage certificate under strict guard.

She found it funny and helpless, "James, we got married, then we won't get divorced, don't worry."

This promise was reassuring, but in James' opinion, having a backup plan was more reliable.

After changing the password, he waved his hand for the bodyguards to quickly moved the safe, then he turned sideways and hugged her.