Chapter 66

James raised his hand and wanted to touch Amelia's face, but she took a step back in shock.

Amelia looked at his right hand in a daze. There was a hint of horror in her eyes as if she had a psychological shadow.

Seeing this, James seemed to have understood something. He quickly withdrew his hand and said to her, "Don't be afraid. I won't hit you again."

Amelia, who had been pretending to be calm, suddenly collapsed. "Stay away from me."

James shook his head gently. "Amelia, I can't stay away from you."

Amelia's face darkened. "I told you, my name is Skender, not Amelia. How many times do I have to tell you to believe me?"

The corners of his eyes, which were as cold as snow, turned red little by little. "Are you... really not her?"

"No!"

Amelia raised her palm-sized face in an extremely ostentatious manner.

His thick eyelashes trembled slightly, but his eyes were still full of disbelief.

He took a step closer to her and forced her to the corner of the wall. Then he raised his hand to touch her cheek.

She thought that he was going to forcibly kiss her again, so she pushed him away, turned around, and was about to run away. But he suddenly hugged her from behind.

His tall and straight body wrapped tightly around her petite body, and his sturdy chest was pressed against her back.

Amelia was irritated. She struggled with all her might, but the man didn't let go. His body didn't move at all like a wall of iron.

She suddenly felt rid iculous. "Sir, do you have a special hobby for married women?"

The man didn't care about her sarcasm. After restraining with one hand, he raised his slender fingers and brushed away the short hair behind her.

When he touched the small scar accurately, his thin lips curled up slightly. As expected, she was his Amelia. He was not mistaken.

However, that scar had taken root in his heart, causing his eyes, which had always been indifferent and distant, to be tainted with endless sin.

He touched the scar on the back of her head with trembling. fingers and apologized in a low voice, "I'm sorry. That slap caused your death..."

She tilted her head slightly to avoid his touch. "I don't know what you're talking about."

After the nail was removed, there was indeed a scar on the back of her head, but she was unwilling to admit it.

He didn't force her to admit it. He just rubbed the scar with his fingers over and over again.

Every time he rubbed it, his heart would hurt. The intense paint made him feel as if he had fallen into an abyss.

His eyes gradually turned red. When he opened his mouth again, his voice was hoarse. "Does it still hurt?"

Did it hurt?

It hurt.

It hurt so much that she fell to the cold floor and couldn't even ask for help.

It hurt so much that she was completely desperate for him, and she didn't even have the will to live.

It hurt so much because he was unwilling to answer her call even if she wanted to see him before she died.

That kind of pain was not something that could be easily relieved by physical pain.

It was only after the pain that she realized how heartless James was to her.