Chapter 67

He slowly turned around and looked at the thin, petite figure under the street lamp.

He had been thinking about her day and night for three years.

As long as she called him softly, it was enough to make him let go of everything and rush over to embrace her.

However, as soon as he stepped forward, she took three steps back...

"Don't come over."

There was no emotion on her face, only indifference and calmness.

"I've said what I should say. Please don't disturb me again."

James thought that she had stopped him because she wanted him to stay, but he didn't expect that she wanted him to stop pestering her.

His handsome face was pale, and the dull pain all over his body made it hard for him to breathe.

But Amelia didn't care about his mood.

After saying this, she turned around and went straight into the villa.

Looking at her departing figure, James suddenly felt he couldn't hold on any longer.

Andrew, who had been waiting in the distance, hurriedly rushed over to support James when he saw him was about to fall.

"Mr. Evans, are you all right?"

James didn't respond. The piercing pain gave him a headache.

He leaned against the car door and tilted his head to look at Andrew. "Give me the medicine..."

Andrew paused for a moment and shook his head at him.

"Mr. Evans, you can't keep taking those medicines. Your body won't be able to handle it."

James raised his scarlet eyes and stared at Andrew. "If I don't take medicine, what should I do?"

Who could tell him what to do and how to remove the person who had been nailed to his bone...

"Mr. Evans..."

Andrew suddenly didn't know how to persuade him.

He had seen how Mr. Evans had spent the past three years.

He didn't want him to live on medicine, but he couldn't bear to see him suffer anymore.

After a moment of silence, Andrew looked up at James and said, "Mr. Evans, there must be a misunderstanding between you two. I'll go explain it to Ms. Garcia."

Andrew turned around and was about to walk toward the villa when James said coldly from behind, "There's no need."

Andrew turned around and asked in confusion, "Why?"

James didn't reply. His eyelashes slowly drooped.

She didn't love him. Even if he told her and explained to her persistently, she wouldn't care.

James opened the car door and got in. His eyes, which used to be as bright as stars, were now dull.

Some light entered his life but then left without hesitation. When he thought there was no hope left, it came back again.

He stretched out his hand and wanted to grab it tightly, but the light did not belong to him. No matter how hard he tried, he could not get it.

James took out a handful of medicine and put it in his mouth. The bitterness dissipated from his mouth when he swallowed it making him frown.

"Andrew, the medicine is so bitter."

"Mr. Evans, the medicine has always been bitter."

After replying to him, Andrew let out a heavy sigh.