96

Chapter 96: The young prince was imprisoned after rescuing the powerful minister (31)

The drum played by Jiang Qian was the Dengwen drum, the drum of the emperor, which is also commonly known as the imperial complaint.

In Daliang, if the people have grievances that cannot be redressed, or the officials who are trying the case are unfair and the cases are unjust, false, and wrong, they need to appeal to the higher levels. They should first go to the prefecture and county yamen. If they are not accepted, they can file a petition and ring the bell. This is the "Dengwen Drum".

If it is an appeal beyond the level, no matter whether there is any grievance or not, you need to be caned for thirty years. This is also to prevent unruly people from maliciously petitioning.

Jiang Qian naturally came directly to beat the Dengwen drum. The current emperor is the fifth son of the late Liang Emperor. He was the former King Zhao. Jiang Qian once used him to pull down the Crown Prince Yanping. After King Zhao succeeded to the throne, his reign was named Zhaowen. , also known as Emperor Zhaowen.

As soon as the drum sounded, Emperor Zhaowen opened the court according to the law, with hundreds of civil and military officials standing on both sides.

Emperor Zhaowen asked: "Who plays the drum?"

According to Liang law, Dengwen drum was under the jurisdiction of Dali Temple. Now that Dengwen drum sounds, it is naturally the minister of Dali Temple who plays the drum.

The minister of Dali Temple stepped forward, held the fluorene board in his hands and said: "Your Majesty, the person playing the drum is Mr. Jiang." The

Qingyuan College founded by Jiang Qian was not limited to ordinary people, and his students were all over the world. He was already a great scholar. Emperor Zhaowen had always admired Jiang Qian's literary talents and was particularly friendly to him. Jiang Qian resigned three years ago, and Emperor Zhaowen kept him here again and again, and finally agreed.

Now that he heard that Jiang Qian was playing the Dengwen drum, Emperor Zhaowen was a little anxious: "What? Is it Mr. Jiang?"

"Is it Mr.?"

"Why is it Mr.?"

"Master Zhao, haven't you already beaten someone?"

There was a lot of discussion among civil and military officials throughout the dynasty, and what they were most worried about was Jiang Qian's health.

Emperor Zhaowen also raised his voice suddenly: "You haven't beaten me, have you?"

The Minister of Dali Temple said quickly: "I don't dare."

After saying that, the Minister of Dali Temple opened the front of his court uniform, knelt down and said: "Your Majesty, I once heard the King of Chu say that when he was trapped in the Yanping Palace, he was tortured so much that his roots were already damaged. How could he withstand these thirty sticks? I once studied at Qingyuan Academy and was taught by Mr. Jiang. I am a teacher and a father all my life. I am willing to receive thirty floggings on Mr. Jiang's behalf. I beg your Majesty's permission."

As soon as the Minister of Dali Temple finished speaking, the current Chief Minister of the Cabinet knelt on the ground and said: "Your Majesty, Minister of Dali Temple What you said is reasonable. I was taught by Mr. Jiang when I was young, and he taught me. He is my teacher and elder. I am willing to be punished on behalf of Mr. Jiang, and I ask for your majesty's permission." The

chief minister of the cabinet came out to express his position, and ministers from Qingyuan College in the main hall came to the hall one after another. Kneel down and ask to be tortured on your behalf.