Ohne Titel Teil165

All four woke up from sleep. Alvaro sleepily groped for his phone and looked at the display. It was Clara. Mia had seen the name on the display too. Alvaro answered in a tired voice. "" Clara, what happened "

Juanma and Zoe looked at each other and Juanma fell back on his pillow."Oh Alvaro Sorry that I woke you, I just wanted to tell you briefly before going to bed that I talked to your mother about Lupe. She promised me that she would talk to her."

"It's a quarter past three local time," said Alvaro, still tired.

"Oh, I didn't think about the time difference, sorry. I'm really sorry. Then go back to sleep."

"Now we're all awake anyway. It's good that my mother wants to talk to Lupe. I'm curious to see how it will be next week." "I am happy when you are back." said Clara. Alvaro rolled his eyes. "How are you getting along with the others?" Asked Alvaro. Clara shared the room with Sofie. "Very good, but I don't dare to talk to someone about Lupe, because she seems to be controlling everything here. And Sofie is friends with her." "So first of all Lupe doesn't control everyone and Sofie is friends with Zoe and Mia too." "Well, it doesn't matter," said Clara, "I told Sofie how glad I am that you are not like Lupe and that you help me so much." Alvaro took an inaudible deep breath. "Ok Clara, as I said, it's the middle of the night, I'm trying to get some sleep. We'll hear each other tomorrow, okay?" That should really only be said, but Clara immediately got on it and said "That would be great then I'll call you"

  Mia had turned on her side during the conversation and pretended to have fallen asleep again. When Alvaro had hung up, Zoe said quietly "We'll hear eachother tomorrow? How can you offer her that too". "I wanted to get rid of her," said Alvaro. "But this way?," said Juanma.

Alvaro said nothing more and snuggled up to Mia. Mia took his hand as he put his arm around her and gave it a light squeeze. She would say something about it tomorrow. Now they should all be asleep. Since everyone was still a little awake after the shock that the phone rang in the night, they slept longer the next day. Mia quickly got dressed after waking up and left the house under the pretext of wanting to get some rolls. When she was far enough from Isabel's house, she called Sofie. It was early in Buenos Aires, but she had seen Sofie already online. Sofie answered immediately. "Hey, how are you Mia" "I'm fine, my aunt is already better." "That's so great," said Sofie in her euphoric manner. "Have Alvaro and the others  arrived safely "

"Yes, they are here. But I wanted to ask you something. What do you think of Clara?" Sofie hesitated a moment. Then she said, "She moved into my room. She's a little withdrawn. But she's nice. I already know why you're asking. Alvaro should take care of her, but Lupe says that's what his mother wanted."

"that's why she calls him here all the time. " said Mia. "Shall I talk to her?" asked Sofie. "No, if she's already feeling insecure, it only makes it worse. We'll all be back soon." Sofie could hear in Mia's voice that she was sad and resolved to take care of Clara, no matter what Lupe said. "I have to hang up," Mia said now, "I still have to get some rolls".

"See you soon," said Sofie.

Mia got the rolls and went back to Isabels house. Zoe was in the kitchen with Ramiro to prepare breakfast and Alvaro and Juanma were nowhere to be seen.
"Where are the boys" asked Mia. "They wanted to jog, didn't you meet them somewhere?" Mia shook her head.
Juanma had persuaded Alvaro to go jogging and after a good two kilometers he held Alvaro by the arm and started to walk instead of jogging. When both were breathing more calmly again, he said, "What's that between you and Clara?"
"Nothing, what is that supposed to be," said Alvaro. "I hope nothing from your side, but you will surely agree with me that she acts weird with her calls, for example."
"She feels lonely and she forgot the time difference," said Alvaro.
"But you know that you hurt Mia with it, right"
"I only helped her to sort out her things. And reassured her about Lupe and Mia knows that too."
"Alvaro, I know that there is nothing, but I'm trying to make you see what it looks like"
"Yes, and I know what it looks like, namely not much different than the friendship between Mia and you." with that he turned and jogged back to Isabel's house.