Fear

The same moment Juanma called "No Mama" from above, Alvaro saw her lying in the garden. He tore open the door and knelt beside her. Mia looked up and saw that she had slipped from a glass canopy. "uanma came down the stairs again the phone on the ear with which he requested an ambulance to his address. He had switched to loudspeakers because the employee at the emergency call center asked a few questions. "Does xour mother still have a pulse?" Alvaro had felt the pulse and said "Yes, she breathes independently. She has a bleeding head wound and an open fracture on her left forearm, "he said relatively calmly. "Can you detect any injuries", "Without moving her only abrasions," said Alvaro.The emergency room attendant said that the ambulance would be there fast, Juanma had knelt beside his mother and was about to lay her head on his legs. "Do not move her," Alvaro exclaimed, holding his hand, "you do not know if there are other injuries "
"Mia open the door and wait until the paramedics come, that they come right through here." Mia went to the front door. Juanma was in shock. Zoe had sat down next to him and put a hand on his leg while Alvaro checked his mothers pulse over and over again. The ambulance was fast, and the paramedics needed space. Of all the medical terms, the 4 did not understand much. Alvaro had called Ramiro to keep him informed. Zoe grabbed Juanma's hand but she was sure he did not even notice. He starrred at the paramedics. They had stabilized Florenzia and put her on the stretcher of the ambulance. "We can go to the hospital, she is stable at the moment, does anyone know what happened?"

Mia pointed upstairs and said, "We think she slipped off cleaning the glass roof." On the glass roof, you could still see cleaning suburbs. The paramedic spoke to his radio "We are bringing a female patient to fallen from 3 meters height, open fracture of the left forearm, head wound concussion. Vital signs stable. "" And go, "he said to colleagues.
Alvaro closed the door to the garden. "Juanma, she'll need clothes," Mia said. "Yeah, I ... upstairs .. in the bedroom", he stammered.
Alvaro went to the paramedics to ask which hospital they would drive to. Mia took Juanma by the hand and then they went upstairs with Zoe to pick the things up. Zoe said to Mia "Let's look where she has the clothes, I think he in the moment just does not know anything, we need nightwear underwear sweatpants." "Yes and a toothbrush and laundry. A bathrobe too "
They found a bag in Florenceia wardrobe and Mia looked for the things she needed from the cupboard. Juanma tried to help, but somehow he was too confused.
Zoe looked for things in the bathroom. They were quick and met Alvaro at the car again. At the hospital, they registered in the emergency room. They had to wait. It was not too long before Marcelo came. "Do you know something? Asked he.
Alvaro told him what he knew and Marcelo went to Juanma. "How are you Juanma?" Juanma said nothing. Marcelo put a hand on his shoulder and said "It's going to be all right, she was stable, they said."

Juanmanodded absently.
Zoe and mia had sat down next to him on bothsides. Alvaro was sitting on Mia's other side. Marcelo looked out of the window.
Zoe took Juanmas hand. He was shaking. She put her arm around him and herested his head on her shoulder. Nobody knew what to say. Marcelo came back to them.He looked at Juamma and said "Can somebody get some water".

Alvarojumped up and started. He came back with 5 bottles and handed one to each one.Juanma took it and held it in his hand. Mia took it from him and openedit.

"Drink something, please," she said.
After a moment, Juanma took a sip of water.Mialooked at Zoe because she had also seen his hand tremble. Zoe asked Juanmasoftly.

"Should we go out for a moment?". He nodded.
Outside the door was a stone bench. Zoe and Juanmasat down, "Why do they need that long?" He asked.
"That only seems to us like a long time." Zoe answered
He took a deep breath, "I can not lose her e,too. I won't stand it Zoe. "
"You will not lose her. She was stable."said Zoe softly
"Yes she was. That can change. "
"It will not. she is in good hands Juanma.Stay calm."
Juanma swallowed. They both said nothing. Zoe puther arm around him again. After a while, Mia looked through the door and said,"Juanma the doctor wants to talk to you."
Zoe took juanma's hand and they went inside. The doctor came up to him. "You are Florenzias son?" He asked. Juanma nodded.

"Then please come with me." Juanma follow the doctor. It was a long time before he came back. His face was a bit relaxed. He came to Zoe Mia Alvaro and Marcelo and said:
"She has no internal injuries. The arm needssurgery and the head injury has been stapled. Due to the concusion she is stillunconscious. But I was allowed to see her briefly "
To Marcelo he said "If you want you can alsogo to her." Marcelo put his hand on his shoulder briefly and said"Thank you."
Juanma sat back to the others. "The restthey'll see, but she remains stable. For observation, she remains in intensivecare today. "
Marcelo was also back after a short time. Helooked relieved too.
"We can visit her again tomorrow. If all goeswell, she should be awake by then. He said. "We should go now, she is ingood hands and we can not do anything here at the moment", he added.
"I'll stay with her tonight," Juanmasaid.
"You can not stay in intensive care,Juanma," said Alvaro. "Marcelo is right, we should go to school andtry to get some sleep. We can come back tomorrow at noon. "
Zoe took Juanma by the hand. "Come on. You'recompletely done." Marcelo went to them. "Juanma, we all need a littlerest now. Tomorrow everything looks different again. Surely she is awake then.And tomorrow morning you can call here and ask if everything is ok. "
Alvaro said "I'll get the car o."
Marcelo said goodbye to the students to go home. Miabrought the bag they had packed for Florenzia to the nurse at the emergencyroom and gave Juanma's telephone number as a contact.
Then they went out to wait for Alvaro. Whenhe came, Mia sat down nex to him and Zoewent to the backseat with Juanma. Whenhe got in, he said, "Thank you for staying."
Zoe squeezed his hand and Mia and Alvaro almostunanimously said, "Of course Juanma"
It was after midnight when they arrived at theschool. Ramiro had arranged that anentrance remains open.