A ride in the night

After the meal, Alvaro approached Mia. "Come, I want to show you something," he said. He led her to his car and they drove a long way to another part of Buenos aires.

There was a funpark that made fireworks this night. They also came almost on time when it started. It was a great firework. Alvaro had reached for Mia's hand. Mia rested her head on his shoulder. When the fireworks were over, Alvaro asked, "Do you want to go to school or do you want to do something else?"

" You know what? Can we just drive a bit more? "" Sure, "said Alvaro. They sat back in the car Alvaro just drove aimlessly a few ways. Mia said, "Alvaro, I have something to tell you." Alvaro looked over at her for a moment and then said, "Okay?"

"I could not sleep last night, and I met up with Juanma in the storage room. I fell asleep and we stayed there. At night I had a nightmare and ... ". She hesitated. She did not know if she should really tell Alvaro the content of her dream. "And?," Alvaro asked. "Mia took a deep breath and said" OK ..I dreamt that I came to the hospital and Ramiro's bed was empty. Juanma woke me up and when I told him that ... "She stopped again. Shit, these were things that Juanma had entrusted to her. She did not have the right to pass that on to Alvaro.

"Mia? What happened". Mia thought for a moment Then she said, "I can not tell you any details, because Juanma told me something very personal, but in short, it reminded him of his father and he cried." "Juanma cried," Alvaro interrupted her. "I knew I should not have told you" "No Mia I'm just surprised Juanma did not give the impression to me, sorry I did not want to interrupt you."

"Ok, so we fell asleep again. I just wanted you to know that. But nothing happened or something "-" But it means something to you right"Alvaro asked. " Alvaro I do not know what it means, I just could not sleep and he was there."

"Yes, and who of us would you have written, if I would have been at school? "

Mia did not expect that question. And to be honest she had no answer for that.

Alvaro did not force her to answer either. He was silent for a long time.

Then he said, "Mia, I'm glad you were not alone. And for him certainly it was good, too. But please understand that this hurts me. I always try to understand and accept that and the last thing I want is to destroy the friendship between you and him or between us. But mia honestly. I love you. It's hard for me to hear that you were with Juanma at night. On the other hand, I think it's great that you are honest. "

By now he had stopped the car and looked at her. Mia's eyes had filled with tears. She understood very well what was going on in Alvaro.

Alvaro took her in his arms. "Mia, you do not have to cry. I'm not mad at you. "" I know, "said Mia ," I do not know what to do. I love you too ..." "" But you also love him somehow, too, right? "No, yes .. I do not know. It was good for me he was with me this night. As much as Zoe tries to reassure me when I dream badly, but with him it was different. Even if he cried himself, he still managed to calm me down. "

"Yes, because then it was more important for you to calm him down than that you were crying. In such situations you completely forget your worries ".

"But it was not his fault and when he was ok, he calmed me down." "Whatever. It does not matter now. Let's just enjoy the time we have now" He thought a moment "I have an idea .. would you like to do something a bit dangerous?". Mia's eyes sparkled "An adventure so we could fly from school?" Alvaro grinned and said" Maybe". He started the car again. After a while, Mia recognized the area.A little unsure, she realized that they were near at Alvaros home. Alvaro parked the car. "What are we doing?" Mia asked.

Alvaro looked at her." We're going to my room for the night. "