Visit at the Hospital

The next morning everyone was pretty tired. Juanma looked like he had not slept at all.
Florenzia made them breakfast and then they drove to the hospital. They were allowed to go in this time to Zoe, who was not awake yet. The ventilation was still necessary. Actually, only two at a time would have been allowed but the nurse made an exception. Alvaro and Mia went with Juanma to her. She hung on different devices. Juanma took Zoe's hand. He spoke softly to her and over and over again he said that he was sorry. Mia and Alvaro wanted to give him some time alone with Zoe and Mia said to Juanma that they would wait outside. They waited a while. After half an hour Alvaro said "Maybe we should get Juanma, the nurse said, we only have 15 minutes he is now over it. "Mia went quietly into the room where Zoe was lying. Juanma had laid down to her and fallen asleep. Mia could see a tear trail on his cheek. Carefully, she grabbed him by the shoulder. "Hey, we have to go." Juanma jumped slightly. "Yeah okay, I'm coming." He gave Zoe another kiss on the cheek and stood up. Mia took his hand. "Why does she still not breathe independently?" "I don't know" She pulled him to the door.
When they were outside, Alvaro said, "Ramiro said we can stay with you if you want and your mother allows it. It's also agreed with mom, "he said, looking at Mia. "I'm sure my mother is up for it and I would be happy if you stay with me." Juanma said. "Ok then we go to school to pick up some stuff and then to Juanma ok" There was class time at the school, so Alvaro and Mia were not seen by anyone when they packed some things. They briefly looked at Ramiro's office, who hugged both of them tight.
Florenzia greeted the three and thanked Alvaro and Mia that they were there for Juanma. She had to work so she did not have much time. Mia's cell phone rang. It was a number she had not saved. When she answered, she heard Roberto's voice, "Hello, I just wanted to hear how you're doing." Mia's surprise was written on her face. Alvaro looked at her questioningly and Mia switched to loudspeakers. "I'm fine and how are you? She asked. "I miss it to see you from time to time" said Roberto with a laugh in his voice. " But otherwise I'm fine. No Alkohol since Saturday evening. "He said. "Where are you, here it is said you are all sick because of the thing with Zoe." Mia glanced at Juanma. "Yes, we are not in school because of this,listen I can not talk on the phone right now." "Okay then we'll hear each other again" Roberto hung up with that.
Mia put her phone in her pocket "well very good , now he's calling you ," said Alvaro, rolling his eyes. Mia decided not to say anything.
They went to Juanmas room to watch a bit of film. Mia said "let's see if we can make dinner later, that your mother does not need to cook"
Both guys agreed. They watched the TV a bit. When Mia looked to Juanma, he fell asleep. "I think he did not sleep the night, he also slept when he was by Zoe" said Mia to Alvaro. "That's no wonder" answered Alvaro
He did not sleep long."Are you alright" Alvaro asked: "yes I was just dreaming, I just do not know what anymore"
When he was really awake, they went to the kitchen to see what they could eat. They found a few things so they could make a rice dish, so they started cooking. It was a good distraction from everything. Florenzia was pleased that the food was ready. She talked to them for a long time. Ramiro had contacted Alvaro again and said that Zoe's values ​​were getting better. So it seemed that the treatment was helping."
Mia said after the meal "Shall we all go for a walk?" Alvaro agreed, but Juanma said he wanted to stay at home, Mia had the impression he wanted to give Alvaro and her a little time alone, since they were together all the time . Mia remembered a few ways with Juanma and she enjoyed the time with Alvaro They were all tired and worried, but a little fresh air would certainly do well. "Did Ramiro say how long we can stay away from school?" "No, he told us to stay with Juanma, if that's okay with everyone." "I think that's just fine, too." I think so too, I do not know how I would be in his situation "
"That's hard, I'm so sorry for him, I just hope Zoe is getting better soon."
They sat down on a bench. Alvaro hugged her and kissed her. They did not break until they almost did not breathe. "That's what I needed now," Alvaro said, giving Mia another kiss on the cheek.