What's happened

After a moment, the door opened. Alvaro stood there and said, "Ramiro called, she's in the Clinica Del Sol. Her parents are on the way. "Juanma jumped up. "I already told your mother we're going there now. "Added Alvaro. They all had to put on shoes and then they drove off. The hospital was a long way away. Zoe's parents were still waiting at the emergency room

Zoe's mother hugged the three in turn. "She must have been close to the fire, she has a lot of smoke poisoning and several bruises. They just got her to do a X-ray. "She said ..

Alvaro asked "Is she stable?"

"She is being ventilated and is sedated at the moment but she is stable"
"Can we see her when she comes out of X-ray?" Mia asked.

"I'll ask the doctors right away," Zoe's mother said. Juanma was like frozen. Mia told Zoe's parents what they knew. Zoe's mother said that Zoe was receiving medical treatment very quickly, but she had no passport or cell phone anymore and so it was difficult to know who she is.

"I should have tried more," Juanma said as if to himself. Zoe's mother looked at him, "I do not think you could have done anything. In such a panic, you have no chance to run against the crowd , I'm sure you've done everything you could", she said and hugged him briefly.
Alvaro saw that Juanma was shaking. "Come on, sit down over there," he said.

They went with Juanma to the chairs, Zoe's parents followed them. Mia took Juanma's hand. It took a while, then a doctor came to them and got Zoe's parents. Juanma's fingers tightened on Mia's.

Meanwhile, Alvaro had gotten something to drink. "He should have something to drink for the circulation," said Alvaro. Zoe's mother came again. "Juanma do you want to go to her with us?" She asked. Juanma squeezed Mia's hand and stood up, "You're not allowed in until tomorrow, the doctor said only the family first but I asked if Juanma's allowed," Zoe's mother said almost apologetically.

"No topic," said Alvaro. They were not allowed to stay with her for long. Zoe's father came back first. He said, "She will be ventilated overnight and tomorrow all will be checked. Fortunately, she has no internal injuries or broken bones, only a slight concussion. The most important thing now is the oxygen supply because of the smoke poisoning. We may visit her again tomorrow."

He sat down with them. After another moment, Zoe's mother came back with Juanma. "He wanted to stay with her, but that's not possible," she said.
Alvaro said, "I would say we're going back to your house and telling your mom everything and tomorrow morning we'll be back, ok. "

They said goodbye to Zoe's parents. When they arrived at Juanma, Alvaro and Mia told his mother how Zoe was doing. Juanma had already gone to his room. Alvaro stayed with Florenzia for a while while Mia went after him. He stood at the window, Mia stood next to him and took his hands. "She is well taken care of, it will be all right, Juanma."

"The doctor said something about late effects."

"We have to wait, but she's been treated quickly."

"Why did we not stay with you, why did not I hold her tight?" Tears ran down his cheeks. Mia held him, she said nothing more but stroked his back. Slowly he relaxed and calmed down, "Sorry," he said, taking a deep breath.
He broke away from her and Mia wiped a tear from his cheek. He kissed her on the cheek and sat down on the bed.
"I'll get Alvaro ok?" Mia asked. Juanma nodded. When Mia came down both looked up. "Is he ok?" Alvaro asked.

"I believe so," answered Mia. "Will you come up again?"
On the way up, Mia said "he was crying, I think he's feeling better now"

"Florenzia said he can handle such things very badly." When they came into the room, Juanma had started the movie from before. It was late but they were all still awake. Mia was the first to fall asleep watching the movie. Alvaro covered her and looked at JUanma. "We should also try to sleep". Juanma nodded. "Thanks," he said.

"What for"

"That you are there. And that you're not mad if Mia is with me at such moments. "

" We're over this, right? "Said Alvaro, grinning. "You got her for me from Madrid." He held out his hand and Juanma clapped it softly.