Good news

When they arrived at the hospital, they were not allowed to see Zoe. A nurse told them that they wanted to stop the ventilation and the doctors were with her and that she could not have any visitors at the time, until it was clear the deposition was working. They should come back in the afternoon.

"That's a good sign", Mia was happy on the way to the car. Alvaro suggested to spend some time at the school in the gym to throw some balls. Juanma agreed. Mia was looking for Simon. She asked him if he wanted to go to Zoe later. Of course she had to tell him exactly what had happened. The four of them started the afternoon again to the hospital. When they arrived in the room where Zoe lay, the room was empty. Alvaro said directly, "they may have brought her to another room."

Mia looked at Juanma and saw that he was frozen. She remembered what he had said about his father and stroked his back and said, "Alvaro is right." At that moment a nurse came and said, "If you are looking for Zoe, she is lying in another part dfrom the hospital. We dropped the sedation. It may be that she is still a little dazed. Ask at the entrance for the room number." At the entrance they got the number of her room..
When they came there Zoe was awake, she still had a tube on her nose to make breathing easier. Juanma stepped first to the bed and took her hand. Zoe smiled and Mia also went to the other side of the bed. Alvaro and Simon stood at the end from the bed and wave to her.
"Are you in pain? "Asked Juanma?

"No," Zoe replied in a hoarse voice, "It's a bit strange where the hose was in, it's so nice you're here."

"Zoe I'm so sorry," Juanma said. I tried to hold you but .. "

Zoe squeezed his hand and said" I do not remember exactly what happened, I can still remember the alarm and that we went off together. "

" We were torn apart and I was.... I was pushed towards the exit ... I could not come back .. "

" Juanma it's ok, I'm sure you tried everything, it's not your fault "
Mia saw that Zoe was still very tired and said, "We'll leave you both alone a bit because we have not been allowed to stay here for so long, ok?" She squeezed Zoe's hand again and Alvaro Simon and she left the room and sat down the waiting area. Juanma arrived 15 minutes later and said Zoe had fallen asleep. Alvar said to him, "I'm glad she's awake." Juanma just nodded. They drove back to school. It was already meal time and they sat down with Fede and Sofie.
Mia noticed that Juanma was eating almost nothing. Alvaro was taken by Martin and Tobi, so Mia aaked Juanma; " Are you ok?". "Yeah, I'm just not hungry." "Maybe you should try a little bit of sleep, I guess you're just too tired." Yeah, that's possible, I think I go to sleep now. Good night Mia "He gave her another kiss on the cheek and went to the staircase. Mia decided to go to her room as well. She briefly texted Alvaro that she was in her room.
Alvaro later came to her. They cuddled up in Mia's bed and choose a movie. Both were pretty tired from the last days. "Will you stay with me tonight?" Mia Alvaro asked, "If you want me here," Alvaro said with a grin. Mia nodded and said, "I like falling asleep in your arms."
"What do you mean, how long Zoe has to stay in the hospital? "she asked Alvaro after a while. "I have no idea If everything goes well now, then I guess she'll be back out early next week.

I hope it would be good for Juanma if he could conclude with the topic "
"Well, I have the impression that it is too much for him. He is reproaching himself and seeing her lying there does not make it any better. I think he almost did not sleep the last two days and He does not eat either. "
"Yes, I noticed that, but I did not want to say something again. Have you prepared yourself enough for your exam tomorrow? It was so much the last days "

" yes I think I can get it. That should not be that hard. "

" It's nice that we have some time for us here now. "

" Yes, I enjoy every minute with you, "said Alvaro, hugging Mia to her. They watched the TV a little bit and Mia was fast asleep.

In the morning they almost overslept. Neither of them had thought of the alarm clock. Mia woke up and, with a glance at her watch, jumped out of bed. They hurried and managed at least a little breakfast before Alvaro had to go to his exam.
After school, they drove back to Zoe. She looked much better than the day before and sat in bed. When the three came, she said happy. "If everything stays alright, then I'm allowed to get out on Saturday. Actually only Monday but I begged for saturday. "She grinned. Juanma took her in his arms. He was relieved that she really seemed to recover. She wanted to get out a bit and Mia asked the nurse if they could go for a walk with her. The nurse said

"yes, but not more than 15 minutes." Zoe's parents had brought her a few things and Mia was looking for a sweatpants and a jacket. Juanma did not take his eyes off Zoe. But you also noticed that the 15 minutes were enough, Zoe was pretty exhausted. They took her back to the room and Mia andAlvaro left Juanma alone with her.