Thoughts

Juanma entered the school, but didn´t want to go to his friends yet. He went to the sports hall and saw light. As he got closer, he saw that Alvaro was throwing a few balls into the basket.

Nevertheless, he went on. Alvaro saw him coming and stopped throwing. "Hey," he said, "are you alright?"
“Anyway”, Juanma said.” And you? I met Mia. We talked about today.”
"Ah," said Alvaro, "then you already know that we are not together anymore." He averted his eyes.
"Yes, I already know that. And I'm sorry. I told her that this is your relationship and your family can not break it "
Alvaro looked at him. He didn't think Juanma would speak for him. He had still expected Juanma to use the situation for his Advantage.
He was giving him a ball. Juanma seemed to have read his mind because he said, "You know, you may not believe it, but Mia is close to my heart. And that's why it's important to me that she's happy, even if it's not with me. "
“Yes but you? How are you doing with that”? asked Alvaro. The question surprised him himself, previously he was never interested of how Juanma would feel.
Juanma was also surprised and answered:” honestly? It is difficult. But I'll handle it. I only need time”.
With that he threw  ball back to Alvaro and said:”I'm going to bed. Good night”
Alvaro took the ball and threw it on the basket. He was very thoughtful, considering that Juanma really seemed to have changed. He was sorry for him because he could imagine how he would feel, if Mias decision would have been for Juanma
He did not doubt the honesty of  Juanmas feelings.