Waiting is hard

The next morning came too fast, the weekend was almost over. They had breakfast with Ramiro and drove to school. Juanma and Mia refined the choreos a bit and worked on their textual certainty. Mia saw that Juanma was too tired. "Did you not sleep again?"
"Not much," he said
"Should we take a break? Have a little sleep."
"I can not sleep. When I lay down , I start thinking and then I'm awake".
"Would you like to tell me what you think?"
"You can guess ... it has three letters and the word you are looking for is not Mia"
"You are afraid .." It was a statement, not a question.
"You do not know how much .."
"Yeah ... I suspect it." She approached Juanma. "It's not fair that you have to go through this twice."
Juanma averted his eyes. Mia took his hand. "It will be alright. Most certainly. I see how she looks at you. But you have to come down. "
They left the Go rooms and went in the direction. It was time for lunch anyway. After lunch Asked Simon them "Do you continue with the choreos?"
"Later yes," answered Mia "Now I think we'll take a break.
In the afternoon, Simon persuaded the others to put on a training pause and have some ice cream. It was good for everyone to get their heads free and not to think of singing dancing or basketball. Mia observed Zoe and Juanma walking hand in hand the entire time.
She stared at Alvaro and nodded her head in the direction "That's a good sign, right"
Alvaro grinned.

The time passed quickly and before they knew it, it was Tuesday and they sat for lunch in the cafeteria after class. When Zoe wanted to get ready for the meeting with Gaspar, Mia said, "What's your feeling?"
"I'm supposed to help him with a song. I'd just be happy if the friendship would be as easy as it once was. Then we could sing together from time to time. "
"And if he would want more again"
"You ask because of Juanma, right?"
" He's worried"
"I just want to see Gaspar today. That he wants to meet with me has made me completelyconfused. It's almost three o'clock, I have to get down. "
She pushed Mia and left the room. Mia looked at her with mixed feelings.
She had an appointment with Junma in Go. He was already there and playing the guitar. When he saw her he played the first notes of Ya no Mas. Mia sang with him. This song had a calming effect for both, which no one could explain.
After a song he put his guitar down and turned on the music. "I would say we go through everything in the order we want it to bring. What do you think"
"Perfect" Said Mia. "I also have the uncertain text points in my head"
"There you are further than me", Juanma grinned

"Hey Saturday comes faster than you think" laughed Mia.
"Do not worry, learning texts is always possible.
They went through everything systematically, both could do the lyrics and they were really satisfied. "If Saturday we are as good as now, everything is fine," said Juanma.
"You're not going to get stage fright," laughed Mia.

"Me? Never, "said Juanma and sat down next to her.
"Do you know when Gaspar will bring back Zoe ?"
"No, she wanted to write to me, but you know what we both are doing now - we're going over to the park a bit"
" Ok I'm in"
Juanma realized that Mia wanted to distract him. It was good for him to be with her now.
In the park they bought an ice cream and sat down on a bench. "Do you sleep better here," Mia asked. "Well,, I do not always feel like Ramiro is standing in front of my bed," Juanma said. "But it was great that we had the time with him."
"We can repeat that. He is very excited about our friendship. And he's happy that I've settled in so well. "
Both did not say anything for a moment, then Mia said "Tomorrow, Alvaro wants us to meet with Mercedes. She wanted to talk to me "
"Oh, ok .. do you have bad thoughts?"
"I do not think she accepts everything now. She wanted to take Alvaro out of school if he did not finish the relationship with me. Luckily Ramiro and Javier get along better now "
"Let it come to you Mia. You know that Alvaro will always stand by you, even against his mother, he proved that."
"I do not trust her and I do not know if I can ever do that"
Again she paused. "She seems to me like the evil witch in every fairytale."
"Mia calm down. If you meet them with these thoughts then you can not be neutral. "
"That tells me now who," laughed Mia. "As if you were now neutral in my place.
"Well, I'm lucky, we're not talking about you," Juanma grinned.

He took her in his arms. " Just wait. Alvaro goes with you. It will be alright."

She returned his hug. She was glad to have Juanma as a friend. She hoped that she would never lose this connection.
Mia's cell phone beeped. She looked at it and saw that it was Alvaro. "The boys are in the hall and Alvaro asks if you feel like training....Wait a minute why is he writing to me and not you?
"I left my cell phone in the room."
"Ok ... what should I write to him?"
"Are you watching?"

"Sure"
"Then write to him, we'll be there in 10 minutes, "he grinned.
Mia enjoyed watching the guys doing the training. She knew that soon there was a game on the plan and Juanma was rehearsing more for the show than playing basketball.
She looked at the clock, it was almost time for dinner.
She told the boys. Juanma came up to her "Have you heard something fraom Zoe?"
"No, not yet." His eyes darkened and he said, "Ok, we'll meet at dinner." When he was out of the hall, Fede came up to her. "Can you tell me what's going on?"

"Yes," Mia said. She told Fede what had happened and he listens carefully.

"I thought I had a hard time with Sophie," said Fede. "You alle have not been here so much, we have not talked much."
"I hope Zoe does not let herself be wrapped up by Gaspar," Mia said.

"I hope so too. Two times in a row just being the second choice would be hard."
Mia and Juanma were both pretty quiet while eating. Mia waited the whole time Zoe would get in touch. Alvaro had something to discuss with his mother after dinner and Mia went outside with Juanma. He had now got his cell phone. So far, Zoe had not reported.
It was harder to distract him. Mia directed the theme back to the songs, but Juanma was not involved. Suddenly he asked," Why does she not write?. "

" She will soon...."
Mia took his hand. "You must not think so much about it." "That's easier said than done." He said softly.
At that moment, Mia's phone beeped, "It's Zoe, she's in our room. I'm going to her ok? "Juanma looked at her" Yeah .. do not let me wait too long ok "He took a deep breath.
"I'll call you as soon as I can." She gave him another kiss on the cheek and started walking.