In the Hospital

Alvaro went to the teammates. Some had heard the fight, but not everything. The training started without Juanma because no one knew if he would come back. Marcello announced that he would like to talk to Alvaro after the practice.

Alvaro had always the phrase "the truth of your sister" and the look in Juanmas eyes in his mind. Lupe did not always say the truth. That was not a secret. He decided to talk to Juanma, when both had calmed down. But after the training, he first had to take care of Mia.

Mia had gone to her bedroom. She was crying hard now. It was just too much.

When her cell phone beeped, she did not even react. But when it rang again , she looked at the screen with the expectation of having texts by Juanma or Alvaro. To her endless surprise it was Lupe.

She opened the messages. Lupe asked her if she had seen Juanma in the last quarter of an hour. Mia replied: If you do not know where he is, I do not know. A moment later, Lupe called. When Mia answered, Lupe said:" Mia, I'm not asking for fun. He called me and we had a fight then I heard e noise from a car the connection was cut off and he is no longer available. Have you seen him?

Mia's hands began to shake: the last time with Alvaro in the hall when they fought. She stuttered.

"I can not reach Alvaro," groaned Lupe.

"I'm running over," Mia said, making her way to the sports hall with very shaking knees.

She burst into the training scanned the hall for Juanma and then called Alvaro. Marcello was about to start saying, "You can sort it out after ---" Mia interrupted him and said, "Juanma is gone."

With a shaky voice she quickly told what Lupe had said. "He could be far," Alvaro said, and the players left to search the for Juanma. Alvaro and Mia first arrived at the road where the accident happened. There was already an ambulance and the police there, and a completely desperate driver tried to explain the accident.

Mia ran to the paramedics at the ambulance. Juanma lay unconscious there while they made an infusion.

Mia called from far away, "what happened to him? how is he?" "Is that your friend?" Asked one of the paramedics

"He got caught in an accident and hit his head, we can not say more at the moment"

She heard the other medic say to the ambulance "blood pressure 115/70"

The first paramedic added "We're driving him to the hospiral to do an X-ray and CT. Please inform the parents".

Alvaro stood behind Mia and embraced her shoulders. He called Mercedes to let Juanma's mother know about the accident

"Come," Alvaro said, "we'll drive to the hospital with my car". Both were very quiet on the ride. Everyone was wondering if they should not have listened to Juanma's side. Miawas still crying..

When they arrived at the hospital, they asked for him in the emergency department. "Sit down first, he'swith the doctor. However, we will not be allowed to tell you anything unless you are from the family, "said the nurse at the emergency room.

Shortly after, Juanmas mother arrived. Mia told her what she knew. Alvaro could not say a word.

A doctor came and called Juanmas mother. After a while she came back, her face looking a bit relieved.

Mia went straight to her. Juama's mother hugged her and said: The CT shows no bleeding and nothing is broken. He has a concussion and is still unconscious by the impact. The neurological tests can only be continued after he regains consciousness. "May we go to him?" Mia asked.