when you can't sleep

She looked at him a little startled. Juanma responded impulsively, walking up to her and carefully touching her hand. "What's going on?" He had never seen his ex-girlfriend so unhappy.
Lupe swallowed. "My parents want to talk to me and Alvaro tomorrow after we have finished the lessons. About the family. Juanma all will be different now if they want the divorce.
He took her in his arms. He knew what, she meant. She gladly accepted the hug. At that moment there was nothing left of the cold and hard Lupe. "What did Ramiro say”, Juanma asked. "Not much," responded Lupe. "I think he is not allowed to say anything to me, I'm afraid that something bad will be there something  we do not expect"
"Wait a minute," Juanma said "you know that your parents will do everything to not let you suffer"
"Thank you, Juan. That you are so nice to me, although I´m not nice very often "
"It´s nothing”," Juanma said, "let me take you up to your room." Lupe let him lead him up the stairs and bring her to the door. She did unlock the door carefully because Augustina was already asleep. Juanma gave her a quick hug and wished her good night

Lupe changed for the night and lay down. She missed Juanma even though she had rarely treated him well. And she needed him now. She decided to try to take him back, but Mia had to stay away from him.
Juanma was sory for Lupe. He didn't feel  anything for her anymore, but didn't want for her that she was sad. He hoped that her family would settle everything well. At least she still had both parents.

When he arrived in Fedes and his room he saw his cell phone flashing. A message from Mia.

"How are you?"was the text. Juanma saw that the message was written just 15 minutes ago. He said, "Just about to go to bed, and you? Can´t you sleep?"
"No," she wrote. "I have something to tell you tomorrow."
In spite of his sleep in the afternoon, he now was tired. But he asked Mia, "Do you want to wait until tomorrow, or will we meet in the storage room?"
"OK, I'm coming," answered Mia.
They both arrived almost at the same time. "Did something happen?" Juanma asked immediately.
“ today when I got the permission for the cityI heard Ramiro and Mercedes talking. Ramiro had argued with Mercedes. The point is that Lupe is not his daughter, "Mia blurted out. "Do you know what that means ..."
Juanma interrupted her. "Mia calm down. Tomorrow Mercedes and Ramiro want to talk to Alvaro and Lupe. They will sort it out "
"Juanma, she will only hate me more. Now not only she have to share her father anymore , she will finally think that I have taken him  away from her. "Mia's tears started to run down her cheeks. She had not wanted to discuss that topic with Alvaro today, or anyone else. But she   trusted  Juanma. Juanma took her in his arms. "Hey," he said calmly. "Let her say what she wants. You know yourself that it's not yout fault. Do not let it get to you .. YOU will always have Ramiro's support and also mine.

But he also had doubts how Lupe woul dreact, after she was already so confused tonight.But now he only wanted to Calm down Mia.
He sat down with her on a mat and held her tight. Mia was cryind so much that she had fallen asleep after a while. Uncertain, Junama considered what he should do. He saw a blanket lying in a corner and slid carefully out from under Mia's head. He took the blanket and spread it over Mia. Then he texted Zoe and Fede that he was with Mia and they would be there tomorrow for breakfast and put an alarm in  his cell phone. He carefully layed down next to Mia and put an arm over her. Mia snuggled up.
He was too excited to sleep because he enjoyed this unexpected closeness to her very much.
He hoped that Alvaro would never find out. After a long time he fell asleep too.