The performance

The rest of the week went by without much incident. Roberto was now and then with the four but held back. Juanma and Mia rehearsed every day for the gig-Juanma was able to return to normal at the end of the week.

On the day of the performance Juanma was more nervous than usual. They perform in a disco in Buenos Aires and of course Alvaro, Zoe and also Roberto were there, Fede, Nico, Martin and Tobi too.

The performance was great, the atmosphere in the disco was very good and a lot of people sang along, especially the clique from the school who already knew the songs. They agreed with Charlie that the Ed Sheeran song should be performed at the end. Juanma should announce it and also explain the reason of the cover. At the end of the song, Juanma looked at Mia and shook his head. When the song was over, Mia took over the talking and told about the song from her mother and what the song meant to her. Then she took Juanma by the hand and told why they chose the next song. When the song started, Juanma was supposed to start. Mia looked at him, an saw that he was not able to sing. She began to sing, took his other hand in hers and looked him in the eye. He swallowed and took a deep breath. His next part he took over even if his voice was still uncertain at the beginning. He held Mia's eyes. It was not long before they were right in the song. The audience noticed the emotions of the two. Roberto nudged Zoe and said "The two are amazing".

Additions were required as they left the stage. They had to go out again and perform two more songs.

When they were backstage, Juanma said "sorry I could not sing"

"That does not matter" said Mia. "Are you ok?"

" Yes," he said, Only everything just came back then"

"That's what I thought," said Mia "But it will get better every time." When they arrived at the others they were warmly welcomed and celebrated, Zoe took Juanma in the arms and then looked at him. He was still upset but so far ok. "You were great," she said

, "Mia saved me, I did not bring out any sound"

"She realized that, she did a great job" Mia and Juanma were still totally electrified by the performance and the emotions.

Alvaro pulled Mia onto the dance floor. They danced for a while, then saw Robeto standing a little offside. She indicated to Alvaro that she would go to him.

"Why are you alone here?" She asked him.

"Just for no reason" "Then come on the dance floor" He let himself be dragged by her. After a while, Alvaro realized that Mia was pretty tired. "Shall we drive to school?" Mia nodded.

He looked for Zoe and Juanma and asked if they wanted to go. Roberto had his own car and wanted to stay

When they arrived at the school, they retreated to Zoe and Mia's room. They were all pretty tired and quickly fell asleep. The next day, all four were to come home to Ramiro so they could talk about the planned ski holiday. In the mountains skiing was already possible and Ramiro had picked out a lot. They had another week of vacations in a week. Ramiro spoke to Juanma's mother and Zoe's parents. He had already had planned with Mercedes.

They were looking forward to a few days of peace and quiet. For the coming Saturday, a basketball game was planned. Alvaro had campaigned for Roberto to be set up.

It should also be written some tests so that not really much free time remained.

Roberto did very well in training, he had been balanced for some time.

In the last practice session on Friday before the match, Alvaro was injured as he tried to throw the ball in the basket. He jumped up and when he came up again he kinked with his foot

He could not play properly and Marcelo took him out of training. His foot swelled, so Roberto drove with Mia and him to the hospital after training.

They were lucky it was not very crowded and Alvaro was quick to turn.

The doctor examined his foot and decided that for safety's sake he wanted to take an X-ray.

They also had to wait a moment for the X-ray. When everything was ready, it was clear that It was not broken. Alvaro should only spare his foot a bit. The only problem was that he was not allowed to play on Saturday.

When they arrived at the school, they sought Marcelo.

Marcelo decided that Juanma should then replace Alvaro as captain. They all met again at Mia's room. Juanma was happy on the one hand, but he was also sorry that Alvaro was not allowed to play.

That would have been unthinkable a few months ago.

Mia was pleased with the development, she felt that the friendship was very good for both boys.

Roberto said Good night early and went to his room. Alvaro also said to Juanma "Remember, you have to be fit tomorrow" Juanma grinned, Mia said, "Do you stay here, I asked daddy" "How do you always do that, we're allowed to do that?" "Well, if you have a daughter which you know only a few manth after a long time You may not be able to refuse so much first, "Mia said.

One by one they got ready for bed and cuddled under the blankets.

Alvaro should cool his foot. He hoped that he would be fit for a ski holiday again.