The blizzard

Everyone was hungry in the evening . Juanma met Mia again alone and asked for the pills.

"Do not you have pills any more?"

"No, I took the last this morning" Mia had a full pack of those missing the three she had given him the night before. She gave him some again. "Do  you feel any better?"

"Yes, the day was ok, but I feel it more now." "That's often the case in the evening." "Unfortunately, but if I go to bed now,the others will ask why"

"We can all still cuddle on the couch and watch a movie, then you have a little rest"

"Good idea," he said.

When they arrived in the living room, Alvaro looked at Juanma, but he said nothing.

"Tomorrow, the weather should be about worse," said Ramiro, "but that's maybe good for the snow and fresh snow should be there"

"Can we still ski anyway?" Mia asked. "Yeah, well, I think so," Ramiro said, "we'll look at it tomorrow."

Ramiro was right, the weather had actually worsened the next day.

They went to the track anyway.

It was emptier than the days before, probably many people were put off by the weather. They planned to make lunch in the hut again. When they came to the lift. which should lead them there Zoe did not get the curve to stop at the lift and drove down the next slope. Ramiro was going to tell  the others so that he would follow her and go with her then to the hut. The weather was getting worse and he thought they were safe there.

Alvaro, Mia and Juanma took the lift and got to the cabin. There were a couple of people who also make lunch break and they ordered to eat and drink. Juanma took another pill. They did not see in the cabin that the sky had darkened very much and it had started snowing in driven down the valley with Zoe when the weather worsened," said Alvaro.

Meanwhile, you could hear the wind howling around the hut and the wood cracked on all corners. The owner of the hut made something warm to drink and laid wood in the fireplace.

The blizzard was getting stronger. They had no radio or mobile phone connection to the valley station. It was clear, however, that the lift would no longer be turned on by the weather and they would all have to spend the night in the cabin. The landlord distributed a few blankets. Alvaro looked over the supplies with another guest

Mia saw that Juanma was taking another pill and sat next to him. She felt his face and he was very warm. "It'll be okay," he said to Mia. Mia pulled him a bit to her side, so he could lay his head on her lap. "Hopefully, Ramiro and Zoe arrived safely down below," said Juanma, "Certainly," said Mia, "they were certainly down before the storm came up"

 She worried, too, but she did not want to tell Juanma that. Alvaro came to the two of them and said, "It's definitely enough to eat and drink." He looked at Juanma "How is he?" "He took another pill , he has a fever." "He should drink a lot I'll see that we make tea for him "

A moment later, Alvaro came back with a cup of tea "The landlord fears that the electricity will go away"

"But as long as the fireplace is on it stays warm, right" Mia asked

"yes but making the food is difficult"

Juanma drank the tea slowly. The pill helped him a bit.

In the evening, Mia and Alvaro helped to make bread, so that everyone ate something. With the owner there were 10 people. There were pillows and more blankets for the night. The landlord told them that happened once or twice a winter, so he was relatively well equipped. If there had not been a bit of a fear for everyone, it would have been very comfortable. Alvaro had prepared for Mia, Juanma and a corner to sleep.

"How many of the pills do you have?" Asked Alvaro.

"Juanma has two and I have seven in my backpack."

"Then stop first, who knows how long we're here." Juanma had already retired to the bed. Mia ud Alvaro joined him. Mia woke up in the night and found out that the landlord had been right, the electricity was gone. All lights were off, but someone had put  a few candles. Everyone seemed to be sleeping now. Outside, the wind was still howling. Juanma was awake. He was shaking all over. Mia took his hand and immediately realized that his fever had risen. She turned on the flashlight on her cell phone and looked for the pills and got quietly up. On the fireplace was a kettle with water on the side so it stayed warm. She made another tea and hoped not  to wake up somebody

"Here's a  tea," she said to Junama,  he took the cup and hold it in his handy. Then he took two of the pills and swallowed them down with the tea. "Try to go back to sleep", Mia said.

Um ... I have to go to the bathroom," he said.

The landlord had told them the toilets were outside, which meant you had to walk a bit through the blizzard. Mia and Alvaro had already done that once before.

"Okay, I'll go with you," Mia said.

"It's way too cold outside," Juanma said.

"But it can not be otherwise" Alvaro had now awakened. "I go with him," he said, " and you please make tea again then he can drink something warm afterwards." To Juanma, he said, "Put my jacket on, then your jacket will stay dry and you can wear it  later if you're still so cold "Thanks," Juanma saw. Alvaro quietly left the hut with him.