The next day

Mia said to the boys , "You're coming sleep with us today. Both Fede and Martin are probably already sleeping. "
The boys nodded and Alvaro went to the cafeteria to get some more water for everyone.
When he came into the room, Mia was in the bathroom getting ready for bed. Juanma sat on Zoe's bed. He was still pretty pale and very quiet.
"Are you ok?" Alvaro asked as he handed him the water.

"I think so," said Juanma.

"Everything is going to be alright. If there were no more injuries, she'll be awake tomorrow morning. Have they already scheduled an appointment for the surgery? "Alvaro asked

"No, that should all be discussed tomorrow. It also does not seem like a very complicated fracture. "Slowly, the tension dropped. He took a deep breath.
Mia came out of the bathroom and Zoe went inside. Alvaro had sat down on Mia's bed. Mia sat down to Juanma and put her arm around him. " Do not worry. We drive there after school tomorrow and when we wake up we call the hospital. They also have your number if they still need to know something. "She did not want to say if something should happen."
She hugged him and said, "Come on, try to get some sleep." When Zoe came out of the bathroom, Juanma got up.

"Do you still have a blanket or something".
"You do not  need it come to sleep with me?" Zoe said.

" Are you sure" ?
"No, I always say that only without really wanting this ... do not ask so much and just lie down to me," she said, looking at him grinning.
Mia and Alvaro had already laid down. Uncertain Juanma laid to Zoe. Zoe turned to him and put her arm over him.

"Try to sleep," she said. "And wake me if there is anything ". She left her arm with him and Juanma took her hand. "Thanks," he said softly.
Alvaro sensed that Mia wasstill awake. He gently stroked her back and kissed her on the cheek. "You have to sleep, it was a very long day".
Mia took a deep breath, trying to focus on Alvaros heartbeat and warmth.
Juanma felt a little unsure of Zoe. He was familiar with Mia. She seemed to notice. She squeezed his hand. "Everything ok" she asked softly

. "I'm still a bit shaken up , "he said. He felt Zoe's warmth. He tried to relax by focusing on her breathing. He was glad that they were all there. He had not talked much, but the presence of his friends had done him good.
He would never have believed that he would become so familiar with Zoe. But Zoe had hid her true self well in the past. Probablyfor the fear to be hurt. Mia had looked directly behind the facade. Also with him.
Slowly, the excitement of the day took their toll. He closed his eyes.
When they woke up the next morning, everyone was still pretty tired. Juanma was about to call the hospital before Alvaro and he wanted to go to their rooms.
His hand shook a bit again while he waited for someone to answer. When the conversation was finally accepted, he said his name and his mother's name. The nurse said she would ask. She put him on hold with shrill music. It seemed to take forever to get her back. She said that Florenzia had survived the night very well, and had woken up in the early morning hours. If everything stayed that way, she would be transferred to the station in the morning, and then Juanma should ask the receptionist for the room number.
Juanma ended the conversation with a trembling finger. The others had overheard, he had put it on the peaker . He was so relieved that tears came to his eyes. Zoe impulsively embraced him. "I said everything will be alright" Mia and Alvaro had also breathed in relief.
Juanma wiped a tear from his eyes and took a few deep breaths. He looked at the others and said, "I thank you for your support and for being there." He hugged Zoe again and said to Alvaro, "Come on Captain, let's get ready for breakfast."
Alvaro and he left the room.
Mia grinned at Zoe. "It seems going on something with you " Zoe stuck out her tongue and laughed.
They got ready for the day.
Except Fede Nico Martin Tobi and Simon nobody knew anything about the happenings. They also assumed that Juanmawould want this.. Ramiro had informed Marcelo again.

After lunch, they drove back to the hospital. Juanma's mother had been transferred to the station. She was sitting in bed when the four came in. She hugged Juanma firmly. She could only remember cleaning the glass roof. Juanma told her how they found her and what happened.

"I'll have the surgery tomorrow," said Florenzia."There will only one screw to stabilize. If all goes well, I'll be back homesoon. "
They talked for a while longer. Then Florenceia asked "Can you bring mesome more stuff when you come back?" Juanma looked questioningly at Alvaroand Alvaro nodded immediately.
Florenzia counted a few things she still needed and they agreed that they wouldbring them over the next day. There was a knock on the door and Marcelo stoodin the doorway.
Florenzia was very happy and Juanma said "we'll go back then. Mum see you tomorrow "
She thanked everyone again for the help. Arriving at the school, Alvaro andJuanma went to the sports hall to play some basketball with Fede.
Juanma's tension had dropped completely. When the three took a break they toldfede everything he did not know yet. He had to grin at the mention of Zoe'sname.
He winked at Juanma. "Do not you have any more to tell me?" Juanmagrinned "I do not know what."
"Do not tell me you do not like her," laughed Fede.

"That's notwhat I said," laughed Juanma.

When she returned to school, Alvaro asked, "Will that stay with Ramiro onFriday, or would you rather postpone it?"
"No we can do that. I think Marcelo will stay with Mom anyway, if she getshome. "

" Did you get used to the idea now? "

" Honestly? No ... only halfway, but I think I have to. "
Alvaro still wanted to go with Mia to the river. After yesterday, he neededsome time with her again.