the dinner

When he got into the living room, he stopped dead in his tracks. "Hey," he laughed, "what are you doing here? "
Mia got up "Dad we wanted to surprise you, as a thank you for the great days on the beach." She walked over to him and hugged him. Ramiro almost had tears in his eyes for emotion. He had not expected such things. The days had meant a lot to him and he had enjoyed them. He raised his nose in the air and said, "It smells so good here."
"Yes, and you just have to sit down," Mia said. She went with him to the dining room. The table was set very nice and Alvaro came with a bottle of champagne, he fillled 5 glasses and Ramiro laughingly said "careful with the alcohol for young people, but I think one glass is ok"
Everyone laughed. Alvaro raised the glass and said, "Thanks to you Dad for everything, you're the best dad you can imagine,"

Mia squeezed him again. Ramiro raised his glass and said, "Thank you. But I liked to be with you there and the time was really great. I already asked it is still free in the summer holidays. If your parents allow it. But I also want to toast that Juanmas mother is doing so well again and that such a deep friendship has developed between you .. "They raised all their glasses.
The boys fetched the food and Ramiro hugged Mia again. "That would not have been necessary, I really do not know what to say"
They all sit down to eat at the table. Ramiro told a lot about Alvaros childhood and he also talked about his time with Mariana.
They came from one topic to another. Ramiro said several times he was glad that Isabel has sent to Mia his school and that he has the opportunity to finally get to know his daughter.
They enjoyed the dinner and stayed together for a long time. Ramiro wanted to clean up later but Alvaro stopped him and said "No, we'll do it"
Ramiro thanked the students again and hugged each one in turn. Mia took him aside for a moment and said, "May we stay with you tomorrow? "
"But of course you can I find it nice when you're here."
"Thanks dad then I ask Juanma and Zoe if they want that"

The four quickly cleaned up the kitchen, most of the things could be put even in the dishwasher. They sat down in the living room in front of the television. Ramiro had already said goodbye.
Mia cuddled in Alvaros arm. Zoe sat down on the other couch with Juanma. Gently, Juanma put his arm around her.
"I think he was really happy," Zoe said.

"He definitely was," said Alvaro. "Everything worked out well, great team work"
"Always captain," Juanma said and everyone laughed.
"Juanma, Marcelo already takes you as a captain when I'm out, I thought I'd ask him if he does that every now and then, even if I play"
Juanma looked at Alvaro, "You are not serious, are you?"

"Absolutely. The last games, we were even. What I have not seen you have seen. That's only fair "
"I really do not know what to say," said Juanma, grinning at Alvaro.
"How far are you with the choreos?" Zoe asked.

"Almost through," Mia answered. "Only minor details are missing."
"We could go through this again in the Go tomorrow," Zoe said.
"Definitely," Mia said, "We're all allowed to stay here for tomorrow again , Dad said"
"Alvaro looked at Mia" Seriously, that's cool, then we finish the choreos and then we can chill out here in the evening. "
Alvaro beamed. They sat together for a while but everyone was pretty tired.
When Alvaro finally lay in bed next to Mia he said, "Ramiro was totally touched, did you notice that?"
"Yeah, he did not expect that." Mia snuggled up to him, "and I've just used the moment that we can stay here tomorrow," Mia grinned.
"Aha if you use such tricks I have to be careful in the future"
"Do you have a day in mind when we meet Mercedes next week?" Mia asked.
"No, I think we'll go to her office at school, I think you're more comfortable here than at home, right?" "Yes, definitely"
"Do not worry, I think she understood something".
"Alvaro don't let uns deepen the topic here and now, ok?"
" Why not?"
"Because I want to enjoy the time with you and do not want to think about your mother".
"But at some point we have to face it."
" Yes, but not right now"
"Ok, then something different, do you think Juanma and Zoe are allowed to go away with Ramiro and us again?"
" I guess so. With Florenzia I do not see any problem and Zoe's parents are pretty cool, I think. "
"You got along well with Juanmas mother, right?
"Yes, she was very grateful to me that I was in the hospital. We talked for a while, when I was at his home and she has advised me to inform him of my decision. "
"I never thought that you would come home from him with a decision in my favor. I thought at this night I go crazy when you were with him, you do not believe what Martin had to listen to "
"So far you've been secretive," Mia said.
"It will stay that way" He turned sideways to Mia and kissed her. She returned his kiss immediately. As always when she was so close to her, she had butterflies in her stomach.
"I fell in love with you at first sight," said Alvaro, "while you were as prickly as a wildcat"

Mia laughed "that you have tamed"
Mia yawned. Alvaro said "Come on, we'll do another movie and try to sleep "
He turned on the TV and snuggled up to Mia. It was not long before both had fallen asleep.
Juanma and Zoe had gone to her room a moment after Mia and Alvaro. Both were a bit nervous that Ramiro caught them together in a room.
Juanma already had the TV on when Zoe came out of the bathroom. She laid down in bed with him.
"Do youtell me something?" She asked
" What"
"What did you discuss with Mia today?"
Juanma did not say anything for a moment.

"If you do not want to talk about it, it's ok and if you did not want this here then I would have told Mia that I'm sleeping with her" Zoe said.
"I ... no, Zoe, that's not what I thought. I like it when we're together. And when xou offered me tiosleep with you that night when my mother came to the hospital I enjoyed your Closeness very much. I think I'm just scared of my own feelings. "
" How do you mean that".
"Well, look withLupe, I was outwardly the cool guy, who thought only to himself anyway. And as the boyfriend of the daughter of the school owner anyway I was a numberbetter than all I thought. But actually that was not me. I've always thought I'll prove to everyone that I can be as good as my dad. No matter what it costs. But with Lupe many things were only superficial. I do not want to say without feeling, but different. I've developed feelings for Mia, I think that's no secret. Then I met you from a very other side. I mean, maybe we exchanged a total of 5 words in the past.
And then you were there the night I retired. You listened and understood me somehow. You held my hand when I was next to my mom on Sunday. You have shown me that I am important to you." He hesitated.
"And I realized how important you are to me now. And now I'm scared that I fall in love with you and you ..."

Zoe interrupted him "... and I start again something with Gaspar, right?"
Juanma nodded. "And I said that to Mia."

Zoe had tears in her eyes.
One of them found the way down her cheek and Juanma carefully wiped it away with his finger.
"I should not have told you that I did not mean to make you sad"
"You didn't.. Gaspar was the first boy where I admitted feelings. I never really thought he was interested in me. And then he was and I was so happy. And then, without warning, he left me because he does not like our school and the people. I got over it. I thought ... And now ....

...he wants to see you again, "Juanma said. "And you do not know what you should feel."
A second tear ran Zoe over the cheek. Juanma caught it with his finger.
"But I'm so happy to be with you. And I always want you to be close to me, I miss you when you're not there, "Zoe told him.
" I know that. And I realize that too. But I think for your own peace you hav conclude this with him in one way or another. Meet him and see what your heart tells you. And then we'll see.
Juanma did not know from where came the strength to say this. He would have loved to hold on to her and say she should not meet with Gaspar. But he knew she had to conclude with the subject. And if it turned against him then he had to deal with it. Zoe gave him a kiss on the cheek and snuggled into his arm. She stroked his chest and stomach. He tried to breathe deeply and hold back his own tears. He focused on Zoe's warmth and her hand on his chest. Zoe had fallen asleep after a short time.