Ramiro

The next day at breakfast both Lupe and Alvaro were missing. Sophie came to Mia and told her that Lupe and Alvaro had been picked up from school early in the morning and both were not available. Mia immediately tried to write a message to Alvaro and in fact the news did not go through.

Tobi and Martin did not know more than Sophie. Later, when they were in class, Mia was asked to the secretariat by a very nervous Gloria. To her surprise, Gloria led her directly to Mercedes.

Mercedes looked tired. She asked Mia to sit down and looked at her for a moment. Mia wondered if she had cried.

Then Mercedes said: "Mia, I have to tell you something very bad. Ramiro had a serious car accident on the way home from here yesterday. He's in the ICU. "Mia was frozen in the first moment. Then she clapped her hands over her face. Mercedes continued, "Mia, I got Alvaro and Lupe home this morning. They are in hospital now Even though Ramiro is not her father, they are very attached to him. However, Lupe will leave the hospital like now and if you want I can go there with you. He has internal injuries andhe needes an operation this night.More I don't know. "Mia was crying meanwhile. It could not be that she loose her father hardly that she hadfound him. "Mia, I'm so sorry. I was in the hospital all night. We have to wait and see, "she got up and walked towards Mia. "How did that happen?" Mia stuttered in tears. "As I was told, a drunk driver made the crash." She put her hand on Mia's shoulders.

"Go get changed, then we can go".

As if in a trance, Mia went to her room and changed into other clothes. She wrote a message to Zoe Juanma and Simon with a short report and called Isabel. Isabel answered immediately. Mia initially said nothing. When she had calmed down a bit she told Isabel what happened. Isabel tried to calm her down and promised to take her the next possible plane. Mia met Mercedes in front of the school.

When they arrived at the hospital they had to wait a bitin front of the ICU. "Can he hear what we say?" Mia asked. "We do not know that exactly but I assume it."

The door opened and Alvaro came out. He looked completely exhausted. He saw Mia and Mia took him in his arms. "Would you like to visit him?" He asked. "Yes," Mia said softly. "Come with me," said Alvaro and wanted to go through the door again. Mercedes said "Moment Alvaro, I think it's enough for you now I think you need a break" "No," Alvaro said "I want to stay with Mia" Mercedes had to wait outside, because there were allowed only two people in the room , She said sourly, "I'll wait here then"

Alvaro led Mia to Ramiro's room. He was lying there and they controlled many things that Mia did not know. He looked so fragile in that bed. Her eyes filled with tears. She could hardly bear the sight. Alvaro put his arm around her shoulders. "They said they hope he wakes up in the next 48 hours. They had to remove the spleen and he had internal bleeding. It does not look very bad, but we can only wait. "His voice was very quiet. Mia walked slowly to the bed and took Ramiro's hand. "Can he feel that?" She asked. "I'm sure of that," said Alvaro. She said, "Dad, you can not leave me. You have to fight for me. "Alvaro went back to her and hugged her." Mia, we can not stay here that long. We'll be back tomorrow. "

When they left the ICUMerceds went to him. Alvaro told his mother that he and Mia would take a taxi to school and then he would drive his car home to Lupe . Mercedes nodded. "Are you not staying at school?" Mia asked. "No, I'll be back tomorrow. Mom says lupe and I should stay home today and tomorrow." "I called Isabel, she's coming here." "That's good"Said Alvaro.

They arrived at the school. She went with Alvaro to his car. At the car Alvaro said, "I did not even ask you how you are, sorry Mia". ", I think just like you. I can not believe it. "" Yeah me either. Should I pick you up tomorrow for the hospital, I'd rather go there with you. "" Yes, thanks Alvaro" They hugged each other to goodbye.